Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: We are Hiring! -Accepting Applications Canada-Wide

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEN403 View Post
    Why does that seem to bother so many people. The salary in this type of position could vary widely dependant upon background, skill set and general demeanor. Rather than balk at no listed salary, why not make a case for your abilities and understand the old adage "you don't get paid what your worth, you get paid what you negotiate for."

Positivity will win the job if I was hiring... I can teach someone additionally required skills... but a great attitude and less worrying about issues you cannot control and have no right to determine would show the job poster that you are worth the time and energy to entertain your potential employment.

Just my 2 cents.
    There is a surplus of jobs of this type and a deficit of workers. If a business actually wants to find labour they should post the level of compensation they are offering.

If they don't they're wasting applicants' time as well as their own.

BANNED
    It is for a sales job, seems like the application process would be your first sale.

I think it's a smart way to get applicants. Waste less of their time.

If it's too much effort, maybe don't apply.

That's my $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Individuals' salary requirements are requested in the cover letter as per posting. We are open minded to varying levels of qualified applicants, we do not have a "set salary" so to speak.
    Sounds like you’re lowballing and hoping someone will undervalue themselves. A salary range shows more than just what you consider appropriate, it shows something of the company itself.

CGN frequent flyer
    If the salary not being posted bothers you, the job probably isnt for you.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Regular
    I was always one to think negotiating a salary was part of the deal but I think asking for salary requirements is a good indicater for me.........................Too old anyway.

I am reminded of one place I worked for a few years but there was a "change" and they brought a good worker from Toronto out to Calgary. She was happy until she found out she was earning a Toronto salary in Calgary. Gonzo!

Anyway many places do not state salary. In fact that was the norm for my career(s).

Well one thing we do know, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

And minimum wage brings minimum effort.......

With Trudy and his band of self centered rich bastards for MP's, the cost of living has gone through the roof.

$70,000.00 salary per year is no longer a good one.

Example:

Gas- $10.00 per gallon
    Milk- $5.50 for two quarts
    Butter- $8.00 per pound
    Bread- $6.00 per loaf
    Meat- Unaffordable
    House Insurance?
    Rent or Mortgage?
    Vehicle payments?

For everything else, there's Mastercard, Priceless!......

All jokes aside, cost of living is brutal unless your independently wealthy or a Politician!.......
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 07-01-2022 at 02:28 AM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Well one thing we do know, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

And minimum wage brings minimum effort.......

With Trudy and his band of self centered rich bastards for MP's, the cost of living has gone through the roof.

$70,000.00 salary per year is no longer a good one.

Example:

Gas- $10.00 per gallon
    Milk- $5.50 for two quarts
    Butter- $8.00 per pound
    Bread- $6.00 per loaf
    Meat- Unaffordable
    House Insurance?
    Rent or Mortgage?
    Vehicle payments?

For everything else, there's Mastercard, Priceless!......

All jokes aside, cost of living is brutal unless your independently wealthy or a Politician!.......

Gas - $10 yes
    Milk 4L $5.50
    Bread loaf - $2.50
    Butter - $6
    House insurance up - yes
    Rent or Mortgage- live within my means and had a few years to take care of it - $0
    Vehicles - 3 of them older no $

I thought BC was expensive. Not here compared to your quotes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEN403 View Post
    Why does that seem to bother so many people. The salary in this type of position could vary widely dependant upon background, skill set and general demeanor. Rather than balk at no listed salary, why not make a case for your abilities and understand the old adage "you don't get paid what your worth, you get paid what you negotiate for."

I think it mostly bothers people that are used to very structured work situations where they work as a standard employee for x hours a day and get paid. $x4.68 per hour. Which is 80% of the work force.

From the description of the job, many of these people would have difficulty performing in the job being offered :

The position is full time, salary based. There is the expectation that some times may be quite slow while other times may require working on weekends/very long hours to get the job done with the rest of the team.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I think it mostly bothers people that are used to very structured work situations where they work as a standard employee for x hours a day and get paid. $x4.68 per hour. Which is 80% of the work force.

From the description of the job, many of these people would have difficulty performing in the job being offered :
    Cant say I disagree.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post

No people are tired of being low balled and wasting time in interviews. There's been a shift in attitude and it's a good thing. Post a salary range at least. If companies can't adapt good luck, companies would attempt to pay zero if they could if not for min wage