Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel Tec warranty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    So what if the owner were to have heard from Kel Tec that there was no warranty because the gun wasn’t imported by Vault?l, even if it’s returned to IRG in the US?
    Is that what happened to you? I know vault won't warranty IRG stuff but they also don't have lots of parts on hand to sell let alone warranty...
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Funny this subject came up.

Because i have a non-restricted CMR 30 IRG bring in a couple of years ago,i needed a spring and another part,so i contacted directly Kel Tec and even if i was the second owner of that rifle,they send me parts,the only parts they charged me for,was a spare firing pin because i said to myself why not having one spare,so all in all i paid the firing pin and the shipping for it,a big 22$ from cocoa florida to my door !

Cudos to Lynne at Kel Tec she was awesome with her customer service !

Truth be told Paul, it doesn't make a lot of sense from where we are sitting. You get paid to warranty a Manufactures product regardless of where it's sold.

Take a car dealership or RV store for instance, if you buy a used vehicle in the US and have a warranty issue in Canada, the Canadian dealer addresses the issue and fixes your ride. That is called CSI and customer retention.

I can only speak from personal experience but that's part of the revenue stream of any dealership or company. If Vault feels the need to not help out a customer that has a legitimist warranty issue for a product they carry well that is just short sightedness on their part. My .02

Our Canadian company helps out Canadian customers who have warranty issues with new firearms we have imported from a third parties. That's just called looking after your customer and hoping that if they didn't buy from us today, maybe they will tomorrow.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    So what if the owner were to have heard from Kel Tec that there was no warranty because the gun wasn’t imported by Vault?l, even if it’s returned to IRG in the US?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Cheers. I left a voicemail with the Canadian IRG warranty team. I’ll wait to hear.

That said, it was Lynne at Kel Tec who told me I had no warranty since I bought it from IRG.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If I have an issue with any product, I always talk to the retailer I got it from first. They're often able to handle issues immediately. If not, then it goes up the food chain as necessary.

It sounds like IRG is doing a great job of looking after their customers in that department.

My limited experience with Vault years ago left me unimpressed - Unfortunately the same can be said of every Canadian firearm distributor I've ever dealt with, actually.

GunNutz
    My RDB lost two screws, I email Kel Tec to see where I can buy spare ones, instead, they sent me 5 screws with a bunch of cool stickers from US for free.

Quote Originally Posted by alpining View Post
    If I have an issue with any product, I always talk to the retailer I got it from first. They're often able to handle issues immediately. If not, then it goes up the food chain as necessary.

It sounds like IRG is doing a great job of looking after their customers in that department.

My limited experience with Vault years ago left me unimpressed - Unfortunately the same can be said of every Canadian firearm distributor I've ever dealt with, actually.
    Without getting into details here, DO NOT contact Kel Tec with any warranty issues if you purchased your gun from IRG.

Contact IRG first.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12