Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Firearms transfer times.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Firearms transfer times.

We had 2 transfers approved today from June 6th in Saskatchewan, 1 approved from June 1st in BC.

This should give you an aprox idea if you are from those provinces, (30 days Saskatchewan, 35 days BC).

Since there are only a fraction of the transfers being done since June 10th (very few handguns were left), expect the average number of days per transfer in those provinces to drop in half by mid month.

Ontario, is a wild card. There have been approvals within 14 days and some still waiting since May 31st. Overall, the stack is going down very quick.

Some have put the idea out there of calling them through the business number, bad idea, most will cut you off when they find out you are not a store. Others have come up with a series of extensions to get through other ways, and sometimes it works most other times it does not.

We have had a couple of emails from provinces telling us to pass along the message for customers to not do this anymore as it only makes things take longer. They have been known to take notes of every call that comes through, and if they still do this, you may find your transfer takes even longer.

CFC Office 8AM "Okay lets see here, we have 5000 transfers to do here. Oh look, John Doe has called in every day for the last month, let put his transfer off for another week! Jane Doe has called in once, lets approve her!"

We cant say if this is the case for everyone but there have been a few indicators lately that this could happen.
    We would be tempted to do the same.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 07-06-2022 at 12:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just for reference:

Ontario - bought from retailer June 2nd, notified transfer initiated June 21st, heard nothing since.

Ontario - bought from retailer June 16th, have heard nothing since.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

Good update thanks!

Kevin stop it! We see you here crying.
    Let people to do there jobs!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Bought from Ontario retailer on June 4, crickets to date.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippo View Post
    Good update thanks!

Kevin stop it! We see you here crying.
    Let people to do there jobs!
    It was posted as a reference.

They'll be approved when they're done.

Nobody is "crying" here, champ.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Truly extraordinary times.

The anecdote as to how a "squeaky wheel" is handled is not unusual when dealing with any bureaucracy.

There is nothing wrong with "checking in" every once in a while, but sometimes less is more.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post

CFC Office 8AM "Okay lets see here, we have 5000 transfers to do here. Oh look, John Doe has called in every day for the last month, let put his transfer off for another week! Jane Doe has called in once, lets approve her!"
    Aaaaaand John Doe (in ontario) submits an Ombudsman complaint when an unreasonable amount of time has past with no approval, 30 days is MORE than enough. Best of all, it's easy peasy online...

Name:  3June2022OmbudsmanComplaint.jpg
Views: 3618
Size:  51.6 KB

And he encourages everyone else to do the same so they hire more staff at the ON CFO where they currently have 2 staff completing transfers, TWO!!!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

This is reassuring lol. I havent heard anything either but I guess ill settle down and wait now.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Aaaaaand John Doe (in ontario) submits an Ombudsman complaint when an unreasonable amount of time has past with no approval, 30 days is MORE than enough. Best of all, it's easy peasy online...

Name:  3June2022OmbudsmanComplaint.jpg
Views: 3618
Size:  51.6 KB

And he encourages everyone else to do the same so they hire more staff at the ON CFO where they currently have 2 staff completing transfers, TWO!!!

Do you have a reply?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by True Jebus View Post
    Do you have a reply?
    Nope. But future complains will be lodged as I pass 30 days for each recent purchase...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast