Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spearhead Machine Barrel Tuner

Business Member Spearhead Machine's Avatar

Spearhead Machine Barrel Tuner

Spearhead Machine is founded by the Chou brothers, and we are proud to introduce the Spearhead barrel tuner.

Please note Tuner does not accept any additional muzzle devices.

Designed to be heavy to tune the thickest and heaviest barrel with ease. Barrel tuner can be used for centerfire or rimfire.

Excellent balance for your rimfire PRS/NRL or positional shooting rifle – With the importance and trend of adding weights to rifles for balance. Our tuner puts the weight right where it matters, at the muzzle. Heavier tuner can add optimal balance to a thinner or shorter profile barrel. This is especially significant on shorter rimfire barrels where the rifle tends to be butt heavy.

Reduce group size – Tuners have been proven to change barrel harmonics. By adjusting the tuner, it can assist the barrel to find a more accurate/stable node. Makes a good load even better. Improve accuracy especially when shooting factory ammunition

User friendly – Scale machined on 3 sides, easily reference your tuners index marks. Nylon tip set screws provide easy setting of graduations between shots. No more loosening of set screws and retightening between shots. Less time tuning = more time for yourself. Nylon tip set screws will not damage adapter threads.

Quick and easy install – No gunsmith install or modification is necessary. Just screw on the adapter to existing muzzle threads and tighten with a wrench. Screw on tuner to desired position and lightly snug set screws.

Heavier tuner – With most match barrels being larger/heavier contour. Our tuner will be able to tune even the heaviest contour barrels with ease. Heavier tuners will find the optimal node within a revolution or 2. No more wondering if the tuner will work or not.

Precision machined for exception fit and finish, proudly machined right here in Canada.

Currently available in the following thread sizes, other thread sizes coming soon.
    1/2-20 compatible with CZ 457 (Please check your CZ 457, muzzle threads can be either 1/2-20 or 1/2-28. This is stamped on the barrel just in front of the action)
    1/2-28 compatible with Bergara B-14R, Vudoo V-22, Tikka T1X .22 LR, Ruger precision rimfire, RimX prefit barrels
    5/8-24
    3/4-24
    M18x1

$199.99 plus tax and shipping. Please contact or visit Spearheadmachine.com for purchase or more details.

Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, therefore we offer an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee. For any reason you are not satisfied, please contact us and we will arrange a full refund, no questions asked.

Bring out the full accuracy potential of your rifle system. Get your Spearhead barrel tuner today.

Thank you for your interest, we look forward to being a part of your shooting excellence.
    -Spearhead Machine

Barrel Tuner installation instructions can be found HERE.

Specifications

Adapter weighs 118g / 4.162oz
    Adapter diameter across hex points 1.070″
    Adapter diameter across hex flats .995″
    Tuner body weighs 224g / 7.901oz with set screws.
    Tuner body diameter 1.6″
    Length of Tuner assembly on short 0 2.105″, on long 0 2.550″
    Total weight of Tuner with Adapter 342g / 12.063oz
    Material: 303 stainless steel for exceptional corrosion resistance and strength, black nitride finish.
    Last edited by Spearhead Machine; 12-02-2023 at 12:05 AM.

I'll be running the Spearhead Tuner at the PR match at Petawawa this weekend if anyone wants to have a closer look. We've had them onboard for a few weeks now and they're running great!
    Good - Fast - Cheap:
    You can only pick two

Great to see another awesome Canadian made product, I have been running one on my Vudoo 22LR for sometime now and it works great!
    You can always expect a precision crafted product from these guys and the work they do on all levels is world class !

I can't wait to see what else they come up with

Hey guys and gals I had a opportunity to work with this tuner over the last couple weeks all I can say this is one if the best tuner I have worked with. The fit and finish rates as best I have seen. Instructions are easy to follow and does what tuners are asked to do. I had a 308 Win. Precision rifle that I had a hard time load developing a good load with a known good bullet but the gun shot good with other bullets this tuner took a so so load and made it a very accurate load. I was impressed.
    This summer and fall I hope to use it on both rimfire and F/class rifle I am sure I will not be disappointed.

Stay tune for more up dates.

Cheers Bill
    Not a Savage fan. Building a custom rifle on a Savage is like hanging a crystal chandelier in the outhouse.

CGN Regular
    You guys must live next to post office because I put in an order and it was accepted at the post office 45 min later.

Quote Originally Posted by machohugeaxe View Post
    You guys must live next to post office because I put in an order and it was accepted at the post office 45 min later.
    Fortunately there is a post office near. Thank you graciously for your support. Any questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we're here for you.

Cheers.

CGN Regular
    Received it today, very nice quality. What sized allen key fits the set screws? Sorry I'm not an expert at these things, maybe all set screws are standard across different products, just want to make sure i'm using the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by machohugeaxe View Post
    Received it today, very nice quality. What sized allen key fits the set screws? Sorry I'm not an expert at these things, maybe all set screws are standard across different products, just want to make sure i'm using the right one.
    Thank you for the kind words. No worries, the Allen key drive size is 3/32

Any question, please don't hesitate to reach out, we're here for you.

Best regards,
    -Kevin

Only desert in Canada overlooking the Thompson River.
    Rifle is a CZ 457 Varmint Precision .22LR - 24" barrel with Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50 DMR3 scope G4P Reticle. I shot SK Rifle Match 40 gr. ammo for both days tests although today I also tried SK Long Range Match and RWS Target Rifle at same setting. SKLRM placed third and RWS was 2nd behind the SK Rifle Match in this rifle. Distance both days was 48meters.

Tested the Spearhead tuner twice in the past 3 days. 1st day results as per picture below showing some definite improvements. However, after I finished I decided to tighten the set screws....Ops...not the thing to do and I realized it as soon as I did it. Not ideal test conditions, although weather was nice the wind was blowing 4-6 mph+ and 9C temp. so perhaps not the best conditions for test results, but I liked what I achieved 1st time out.

My initial thoughts on this tuner, with my limited experience using a tuner as this would be the 1st. Very well built, quality is superb and adjustments to tune are easy to setup. I started at 0 setting and then went up in 0.1 increments. I should probably have went up by 0.5 setting per each 3 shot group but 1st time out I wanted to ensure that I didn't miss the sweet spot. At 1.0 setting I achieved a 0.096" (less than 1/8") group...WOW. So for the 1st time out and first tests I am pretty pleased with this piece of gear. Would like to try one on my .243 precision in the future.

Prior to heading out to the range today I unscrewed the tuner screws to be flush with the outside of the tuner, then turned each one in the same amount and tight enough so that my results would be consistent and I wouldn't need to use the allen key to reset in the future.

Results are below with 2 different settings achieving great results but small sample size and even more windy conditions today. So 1st setting is close to 1st day results and then dialed up to 7.5 for another tight group in both cases 3/16" or less. So interesting results as 2 different settings gave me accurate readings....but more testing required and in no wind or less windy conditions. So will continue to test this tuner but I like what I'm achieving so far. I'd recommend the Spearhead tuner to anyone that wants tighter groups. And I'm hopeful to achieve so competitive results in PRS competition in May.

Same setting today and testing 3 different rimfire ammo's.

Kevin and Will make a great Canadian product. I'm also pretty happy with their brakes which are on a rimfire and centerfire rifle. Impressed!
    Last edited by waynewjw; 04-09-2023 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Added 3rd photo

Hello waynewjw,

Thank you graciously for your support, we're thrilled to hear you've found a setting and shrank the groups.

Thank you for making us a part of your shooting excellence. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast