Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IWI Jericho 941 9mm Hard Chrome Surplus

Is there a difference between the 941 on SFRC and the 941F on Tenda? I think F just means it has a frame mounted safety? Any difference in quality between the two?

I went down a rabbit hole and started to contemplate a MR baby desert eagle. But I think the 941 makes sense, just worried about the quality. Can anyone speak to both?

No star on mine either. Happy without one. Mine looks pretty good condition but is dirty as hell. What's the best way to clean the outside of this thing? A toothbrush? and ... baking soda?
    EE Ads: $100 insurance will be included on every packaged I ship. Additional insurance is optional for the buyer to purchase

For the black markings around the grip and the frame, I used hoppes #9 and all the black stuff came off. As for the chrome part, I tried mother of all chromes, turtle wax, powder for my chrome motorcycle exhaust, all cleaned but they don’t polish. I am happy as is with a few holster wear and tear markings. Somebody suggested super fine sandpaper or steel wool for the polishing, but I don’t really care. One old trick I learned is to use coke soda with aluminum baking foils to clean, it worked well on the chrome parts for my bike but not 100% sure on the Jericho. I believe they r nickel plated instead of chrome.

As for the missing ‘star’, if you r a collector, then it may not be the one u want to buy, but if u r a target shooter, then it’s not a big deal. Just glad we can still buy something before the liberals’ freeze kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by CC89 View Post
    No star on mine either. Happy without one. Mine looks pretty good condition but is dirty as hell. What's the best way to clean the outside of this thing? A toothbrush? and ... baking soda?

Quote Originally Posted by Pkersey13 View Post
    Is there a difference between the 941 on SFRC and the 941F on Tenda? I think F just means it has a frame mounted safety? Any difference in quality between the two?

I went down a rabbit hole and started to contemplate a MR baby desert eagle. But I think the 941 makes sense, just worried about the quality. Can anyone speak to both?
    If you look at the picture of the SFRC Jericho it has 941F on it. But that is just the picture so who knows.
    entitlement

All dealers are getting the hard chrome Jericho’s from the same importer so they should all be about the same.

Well, you guys talked me into another purchase... Now on to the magazines. Are CZ 75 mags best? Where is the best/cheapest place to buy them?

Lol, don’t just buy one, go and get 2,3,4… The MEC-GAR mags for cz 75b/sp01/85b with the blue follower r the best (typically around $35-$45). Just search for the part #MGCZ7510B and u will find some. The factory mags I have for my shadow sp-01 don’t fit as well as the mec-gar ones, it’s because they have the plastic base plate that extended about an inch into the mag body and this prevents the mag from to go in freely without a hard push.

Well, you guys talked me into another purchase... Now on to the magazines. Are CZ 75 mags best? Where is the best/cheapest place to buy them?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by petermoo999 View Post
    Frame safety on both of mine Jericho 941f from the SFRC. I am pretty sure the surplus IMI SA version is frame safety.

Also, unlike featured on the web ad picture. There is NO ‘star’ stamp on the ones I received, the pistols r dirty, but overall condition is grade A in my opinion after the cleaning job !
    Bought one new with the slide safety; couple advantages; the decoking feature and something to grab on to when racking the slide.
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

Quote Originally Posted by petermoo999 View Post
    Lol, don’t just buy one, go and get 2,3,4… The MEC-GAR mags for cz 75b/sp01/85b with the blue follower r the best (typically around $35-$45). Just search for the part #MGCZ7510B and u will find some. The factory mags I have for my shadow sp-01 don’t fit as well as the mec-gar ones, it’s because they have the plastic base plate that extended about an inch into the mag body and this prevents the mag from to go in freely without a hard push.
    Awesome, thank you! I know you're being silly, but why buy multiple? Because they're so awesome? The price? Parts?

Awesome, thank you! I know you're being silly, but why buy multiple? Because they're so awesome? The price? Parts?
    He was talking abou the mags.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast