Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem With CZ Brens....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Bfiles never misses an opportunity to covet his precious’

On the ball ⚽️
    Time is of the essence and everything in our sport is time sensitive now more so then ever, otherwise it wouldn't be such a pressing need
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

The US "pistols" are directly from Czech, they are the same thing it is just how it enters the US.

Put it on a drill press and have the drill pressed on the torx driver to prevent slippage. Then manually crank the driver.

When putting them back together, the 4 torx that fasten the receiver to the barrel trunnon need to be torqued equally to 70 in-lb. 50 is no bueno. if they are not torque evenly or torqued with "guesstimation" , there will be issue down the road. You need to break out a torque wrench and make sure all 4 torx click at the same value.

yes, these things are a major pain. Toying with the handguard and the torx should not be a regular exercise. They are not meant to be "operator changeable".

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    This seems to be an issue with U.S. guns so far, not sure about the ones direct from Czech. Whatever monkey was installing the handguard had zero instruction on how to apply Loctite and so they used the adage "more is better" and it is now a huge problem on some of the guns when trying to remove the front hand guard and barrel plates :

This sucks. If you plan to remove the front hand guard for any reason and you are having issues with getting those Torx screws to budge this is most likely the reason....

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Time is of the essence and everything in our sport is time sensitive now more so then ever, otherwise it wouldn't be such a pressing need
    ~1.5 months,

Wtf...

you can leave mine off as I have to install the hb hand guard lol

It's the best idea. heat is the best. did you try to loosen red lock tight ever? you probably don't know what is it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The US "pistols" are directly from Czech, they are the same thing it is just how it enters the US.

Put it on a drill press and have the drill pressed on the torx driver to prevent slippage. Then manually crank the driver.

When putting them back together, the 4 torx that fasten the receiver to the barrel trunnon need to be torqued equally to 70 in-lb. 50 is no bueno. if they are not torque evenly or torqued with "guesstimation" , there will be issue down the road. You need to break out a torque wrench and make sure all 4 torx click at the same value.

yes, these things are a major pain. Toying with the handguard and the torx should not be a regular exercise. They are not meant to be "operator changeable".
    This isn't our first trip to the rodeo, lol. Been there, done that. The screws are not the finest quality and because the copious quantities of Loctite have coated the underneath of the countersunk head it has far more grip than you would think. Heat is the trick and what we have been using but it will also discolour aluminum and just generally mess things up. Not every one comes out exactly the same if that makes sense.

End of the day this is just ####e workmanship from CZ. I expected better from an expensive, combat ready rifle. Where the hell is my AR.....) :
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    This isn't our first trip to the rodeo, lol. Been there, done that. The screws are not the finest quality and because the copious quantities of Loctite have coated the underneath of the countersunk head it has far more grip than you would think. Heat is the trick and what we have been using but it will also discolour aluminum and just generally mess things up. Not every one comes out exactly the same if that makes sense.

End of the day this is just ####e workmanship from CZ. I expected better from an expensive, combat ready rifle. Where the hell is my AR.....) :
    I found some screws received a lot of loctite, some screws do not have any at all!!!

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I found some screws received a lot of loctite, some screws do not have any at all!!!
    My 2 side rails had almost nothing, bottom rail screws were dunked in loctite
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Mine all came out readily enough with a correct Torx bit and some elbow grease applied to a screwdriver. The amount of Loctite varied with each screw, no rhyme or reason. Definitely worth the effort to install the Prentiss Precision Rail Kit for a proper NATO Military railed "Handguard"...

Mark C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast