Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 barrels

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSMYDOG View Post
    When? When? When? When? When? WHEN?!?!?!?

lol, kidding of course, but eta?

Would it go faster if your top man had two legs, instead of one leg and a leaning stool?
    Haha, thank you brother, that made me chuckle first thing in the morning.

I'm sorry for the dealys in everything. We have not been able to find workers nor has it been easy to get raw materials to make components. Like how it took us a YEAR to get basic .22 barrel blanks ! The jobbing shops we sub contract to for our CNC turning have had the same problems we all have, no workers. Selfie The Clown and his Lib-Tard Proletariat have completely and utterly destroyed the labor market.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Care to share with the class? I'm new to precision stuff and would like to make an informed barrel purchase.
    Most places just seem to spout sales spiels with little or no data to back up their claims.
    Does the type of chamber actually make an accuracy difference? If so, which chamber is best?
    How would one know one barrel is going to be more accurate than another?
    I have heard that heavy barrels are better for accuracy. Does length matter?
    Perhaps an article on barrels and how to judge their accuracy (apart from buying dozens and trying them).
    I can certainly answer to what our 'Match' barrels were. The rest of the info you can find on Mr. Google from poeple that are infintley more experienced on the subject of ballistics than I am.

Our 'Match' barrels were chambered with a special reamer that we had custom ground. We tightened up a few dimensions from the SAAMI standard which in turn helped to make the round a bit harder to use in a semi-auto but was also a more accurate. We ceased using this reamer however as people assumed their rifle would function just like an out of the box 10/22 where it shoots any ammo every time you pull the trigger. This isn't so with a custom tight tolerance barrel / rifle. The chambers on these were so tight that they required an intense cleaning schedule to even work at all because if little grains of unspent powder were in the chamber it would ruin the cycle of the bolt. Yup, pain in the butt. Because a loaded round had its bullet so firmly smudged into the lands of the rifleing it was also impossible to unload an unfired round from the chamber using the bolt's extractror. Ever been 'that guy' at the range shoving a twig down the muzzle to dislodge a live round when a ceasefire is called ? You would be with our 'Match' barrel, lol.

At the end of the day our 'Match' chambered barrels were an accuracy treat provided you understood that it did come with a few drawbacks. And while most folks we sold barrels to and explained this to smiled and nodded and said uh-huh, no problem, they inevitably came back a month or two later to ask us if we could open the chamber to our 'Sporter' (aka Bentz). Because of this we no longer make the 'Match' chambered barrels.

So, that's about all I have time to write today I'm afraid, off to make some guns !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    Sounds like a lot of uncontrollable bottlenecks from supply to labour, enough to make a guy a little loopy. Thanks for doing what you can.

I've got a receiver waiting for a barrel but whether it's 1 year, 3 years or 5 it's all the same to me. Thanks for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    I can certainly answer to what our 'Match' barrels were. The rest of the info you can find on Mr. Google from poeple that are infintley more experienced on the subject of ballistics than I am.

Our 'Match' barrels were chambered with a special reamer that we had custom ground. We tightened up a few dimensions from the SAAMI standard which in turn helped to make the round a bit harder to use in a semi-auto but was also a more accurate. We ceased using this reamer however as people assumed their rifle would function just like an out of the box 10/22 where it shoots any ammo every time you pull the trigger. This isn't so with a custom tight tolerance barrel / rifle. The chambers on these were so tight that they required an intense cleaning schedule to even work at all because if little grains of unspent powder were in the chamber it would ruin the cycle of the bolt. Yup, pain in the butt. Because a loaded round had its bullet so firmly smudged into the lands of the rifleing it was also impossible to unload an unfired round from the chamber using the bolt's extractror. Ever been 'that guy' at the range shoving a twig down the muzzle to dislodge a live round when a ceasefire is called ? You would be with our 'Match' barrel, lol.

At the end of the day our 'Match' chambered barrels were an accuracy treat provided you understood that it did come with a few drawbacks. And while most folks we sold barrels to and explained this to smiled and nodded and said uh-huh, no problem, they inevitably came back a month or two later to ask us if we could open the chamber to our 'Sporter' (aka Bentz). Because of this we no longer make the 'Match' chambered barrels.

So, that's about all I have time to write today I'm afraid, off to make some guns !
    Thanks, that really helps a lot. Not really a lot of unbiased facts on the net.
    Usually people trying to sell just their own barrels which, of course, are always better than all the rest.
    You've convinced me not to worry too much about "Match" chambers. I don't want the hassles.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Any update on ANY 12.5" barrels? I've been looking for a carbon unit for months, but will pretty much take any 12.5" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Haha, thank you brother, that made me chuckle first thing in the morning.

I'm sorry for the dealys in everything. We have not been able to find workers nor has it been easy to get raw materials to make components. Like how it took us a YEAR to get basic .22 barrel blanks ! The jobbing shops we sub contract to for our CNC turning have had the same problems we all have, no workers. Selfie The Clown and his Lib-Tard Proletariat have completely and utterly destroyed the labor market.

That clown has absolutely ruined the Canadian labor market like you said.

Took me seven months to find three employees to work.

The two fellows over 50 I kept, the young 20 year old we had to let go. Go figure.

You will own nothing and be happy trudy says!....... What an @ss-hole!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Hey guys, I’m also looking for a 12.5” barrel for my 10/22 (not takedown). Leigh makes great products as you know, well worth the wait. Keep us updated.

“You will own nothing and be happy trudy says!....... What an @ss-hole!” And yes………he truly is!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    hopefully soon with some more shorttys
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

We have a run of the blued 12.5" standard barrels going right now. They should be done and ready by mid to late Feb. we hope.

Leigh
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Is it possible to be on a waiting list or be notify when they will be ready for sale?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast