Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Sig lights!

Snap ring / Circlip is on the end of the screw post that mounts the light to the rail. Look at the photo above and you'll see a post coming out where the word FOXTROT1X is. It's on the end of that. If you unscrew the post 'too far' you'll force the snap ring off the post and could deform it. From some other reading it sounds like SIG is sending replacement clips to those who ask (in USA anyways....). My snap ring came off as I undid the post 'too much' and now the ring is deformed. The system will still work, the clip is more of a 'keeper' to keep the post in place when the unit is removed from the pistol.

I noticed if you try to mount this light tight to the trigger guard on a Gen5 G17, it impeded the switch action. Need to mount a bit forward of the trigger guard so the switch action/travel will clear the obstruction of the wide trigger guard. Not a big deal but something to be aware of if you are mounting on a Glock and finding the switches are too stiff...
    Last edited by BCI; 07-27-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI View Post
    Snap ring / Circlip is on the end of the screw post that mounts the light to the rail. Look at the photo above and you'll see a post coming out where the word FOXTROT1X is. It's on the end of that. If you unscrew the post 'too far' you'll force the snap ring off the post and could deform it. From some other reading it sounds like SIG is sending replacement clips to those who ask (in USA anyways....). My snap ring came off as I undid the post 'too much' and now the ring is deformed. The system will still work, the clip is more of a 'keeper' to keep the post in place when the unit is removed from the pistol.

I noticed if you try to mount this light tight to the trigger guard on a Gen5 G17, it impeded the switch action. Need to mount a bit forward of the trigger guard so the switch action/travel will clear the obstruction of the wide trigger guard. Not a big deal but something to be aware of if you are mounting on a Glock and finding the switches are too stiff...
    I had to take the adapter plate completely out for the rail notch to get it to fit as flush/tight as i did that was my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Why does everyone put lights on their plastic guns?
    I saw the same on a streaming channel (he was shooting in daylight the whole time).
    Is this a millenial thing I'm not getting?

I'm a 40year old clearing rooms in the darkness of the basement for fun. To each their own. Get the range to turn lights off once and awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    I'm a 40year old clearing rooms in the darkness of the basement for fun. To each their own. Get the range to turn lights off once and awhile.
    We're not allowed to shoot at night and the indoor range lights are tied to the ventilation system.
    I could possibly see the point in preventing some muzzle flip.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    In USPSA there is a division that allows pistol lights.
    They are usually made of brass and have the tiniest of LEDs to qualify as a light. Barely. Has the "coincidental" effect of cutting down on recoil for a faster follow up shot.

That's not the entire reason but some. Also buying gear is fun.
    Makes sense and it looks cool. What more does one need to say.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Why does everyone put lights on their plastic guns?
    I saw the same on a streaming channel (he was shooting in daylight the whole time).
    Is this a millenial thing I'm not getting?
    My friend's mom's uncles cousin told me that he feels safer at night knowing he can see where his rounds are going in case a racoon breaks into his house at night. Some people prefer to be able to defend themselves and don't need the government to fail in keeping them safe, that's what you're not getting.

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks BCI . Mine is going on a P320 F
    Leavenworth
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Here’s mine on my 320 X5 Legion. I’m gonna swap it to one of my P226’s though when they arrive.
    Last edited by Jeff5316; 07-28-2022 at 12:26 AM.

CGN Regular
    Nice light. I've been trying to find one myself? Who's the vendor?
    In Glock We Trust

Prophet River of course. They went fast though, 200 of them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast