Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: SR-410 Mini NR Revolver Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    .410 slugs are nothing to sneeze at. Being in Canada, our options are limited for something NR and compact, but still has more than 2 capacity. What would you suggest instead?
    Please see the thousand or so bear defence threads over the past couple decades here.

As I said before,
    This space is dedicated to first responders. THANKS FOLKS!

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I was quoting the guy 2 posts above that............
    Sorry…meant for tge guy 2 posts above �� Ever seen a bear? If your lucky the bear won’t realize you’re shooting at it with that thing and will just keep on eating blueberries.
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

Sorry, don't have time to go through 1000 posts. What would be your preferred compact, NR firearm with more than 2 shots? For wilderness defense?

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Sorry, don't have time to go through 1000 posts. What would be your preferred compact, NR firearm with more than 2 shots? For wilderness defense?
    By the time you’re still trying to pump the 6 little pew pews into a bear I could have already dumped 2 12g slugs into it and have the next 2 loaded.

No idea where you live or where you’re going in the wilderness, but I’ve hunted since I’ve been a teenager and have never come across a bear in the woods. And we have no shortage of black bears in Northern Ontario.
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    .410 slugs are nothing to sneeze at. Being in Canada, our options are limited for something NR and compact, but still has more than 2 capacity. What would you suggest instead?
    You {just} may be on to something! ..maybe..haah What distance we talking? 5/10 meters maybe..if you are in this situation?

Copied quotes from the interweebz/forums & others from Official stats/testing:
    The bore diameter of a 410 shotgun is exactly what it says…which is .410” diameter…which could be called .41 caliber if it were a handgun.

The 410 fires an 109 grain slug at about 1800 fps, with about 765 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle.
    In comparison, a .44 Mag 230 gr standard load is at about 1380 fps, and generates about 1015 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle.

.410- What is the velocity of a 410 slug?
    "slug propelled to 1775 f.p.s. produces 765 ft. -lbs. of energy at the muzzle, which is more than even the field-proven Hornady 10 mm Auto 180-gr."
    125 gr (8 g) JHP Federal 1,450 ft/s (440 m/s) 583 ft⋅lbf (790 J)
    158 gr (10 g) JHP Federal 1,240 ft/s (380 m/s) 539 ft⋅lbf (731 J).
    .44 Mag
    Henry; Big Boy; 20" barrel 1555 ft/s
    S & W; Model 629; 12" barrel 1443 ft/s
    S & W 629‑5; Classic; 6.5" barrel 1360 ft/s

CGN Regular
    A friend of mine got his the other day, I was impressed enough to come home and order one. I know it's more novelty than anything else, but I was impressed with fit and finish, I'm a pistol guy, so I will be shooting it like a pistol, in double action I found trigger very usable, far smoother and easier then my 50 year old security six 357. I reload everything else, so doing so for this won't be a problem, I even have primers and powder that will go in. I will say though, it took me into 6th google page to find some ammo for it, ordered 100, so will keep me going till I reload them, I have .395 round ball mold I'll try in them, should be fun, something to do, NR for now anyway, we'll see if that changes in the next while.

CGN Regular
    One question for anyone that has one, what chokes come with it? It comes with 3, I'm assuming cylinder, modified, or IM, and full?

Aside from the inevitable few dissatisfied customers out there, these things must be popular with their original owners. I’ve been looking for a used one for ages, as I refuse to buy new and contribute to Trudeau’s registry-that’s-not-a-registry-but-is-still-really-a-registry, with no luck. (I continue to buy restricted from dealers though). Where are the used ones?

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    A friend of mine got his the other day, I was impressed enough to come home and order one. I know it's more novelty than anything else, but I was impressed with fit and finish, I'm a pistol guy, so I will be shooting it like a pistol, in double action I found trigger very usable, far smoother and easier then my 50 year old security six 357. I reload everything else, so doing so for this won't be a problem, I even have primers and powder that will go in. I will say though, it took me into 6th google page to find some ammo for it, ordered 100, so will keep me going till I reload them, I have .395 round ball mold I'll try in them, should be fun, something to do, NR for now anyway, we'll see if that changes in the next while.
    Thank-you for your kind review and your business!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    One question for anyone that has one, what chokes come with it? It comes with 3, I'm assuming cylinder, modified, or IM, and full?
    You are correct