Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Make sure you have trigger locks -story time

Supreme Capital, Democratic People's Republic of Canuckistan
    Opp?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Great hunter. Yes? Fine figure of a man. Yes?
    Good. That is all you need to know. For now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snider shooter View Post
    Something doesn’t add up here. Only in court 15 minutes. Sounds like a guilty plea plea to me.
    Or he had no clue what to say.

He did store it unsafely. Leaving it on the bench for three days is not currently working on it, it's storing it. He probably said more than enough to the cops at the time to sink himself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yep. You posted on Facebook, and it cost you.

Ask around, borrow someone's five year old if you gotta to ask them, whether posting ANYTHING on Facebook is a good idea!

Second guy that nailed the rest of the story said, wisely, "STFU, say nothing until you talk to a Lawyer!"

A wiser man that me once stated that you cannot talk yourself out of trouble with a cop, only into deeper trouble. STFU, yes sir, no sir, here's my ID, sir, and "I'd like to speak with a lawyer sir!"

Did you have a Lawyer representing you in Court? If not, third strike!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Here I was thinking it was legal to store a NR rifle with it's bolt removed. Glad THAT certainly never happened.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Super Moderator
    The term "trigger lock" does not appear in the law or regulations.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    As the old saying goes " Bitches Be Crazy " .....and you found out the hard way .

" SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    The term "trigger lock" does not appear in the law or regulations.
    Like as not, a Lawyer would have been on top of that.

If the OP wants to own guns again, and maybe, even, his own, I figure that the pounds of flesh that a Lawyer will cost, are the ones he should spend!

A talk with a competent Lawyer should pretty much sort out the prospects of an appeal.

I know a fellow who lost all his guns because his preteen kid threatened another kid in school. Police came in and took everything “out of caution”. He died of cancer before it fully played out but he was a couple years without his guns.

I have been slack in that past about trigger locks etc, but have heard enough stories like this lately and now I am anal about locks, and separation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Somehow, the OP believed that the lack of a triggergroup somehow absolved him of his legal obligations under the Regulations. People talk about triggerlocks and cablelocks, but the Firearms Act doesn't use those words at all. I would argue that it is this mistaken focus on words that don't exist in the Regulations which is the root of the problem that led to the OP getting jammed up.

secure locking device means a device

(a) that can only be opened or released by the use of an electronic, magnetic or mechanical key or by setting the device in accordance with an alphabetical or numerical combination; and

(b) that, when applied to a firearm, prevents the firearm from being discharged. (dispositif de verrouillage sécuritaire)

<https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-209/page-1.html#h-1019904>

Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations (SOR/98-209)

<https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-209.pdf>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

I would argue "I posted this on facebook" is the root cause.

If the 8 million SKS take down videos on other platforms doesn't get you through and you turn to fb for help maybe the SKS is not for you.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast