Page 118 of 133 FirstFirst ... 98108110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1323

Thread: Prophet River's Handguns and future shipments

What actually happend to the stock instores from the last go. Are they still holding ars and such. Or would these handguns be able to be export backnout the the states distributor.

CGN Regular
    Sylvertiger "..so perhaps within the first few weeks in October. As for the transfers, this has been covered multiple times, all transfers that have been initiated will go through."

Wasn't exactly what i was asking, was more of a "does someone flip a switch and things go off?", or will the dealers have a bit of warning, and what options are available for those of us that would want to help out but aren't camped out infront of the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    Sylvertiger "..so perhaps within the first few weeks in October. As for the transfers, this has been covered multiple times, all transfers that have been initiated will go through."

Wasn't exactly what i was asking, was more of a "does someone flip a switch and things go off?", or will the dealers have a bit of warning, and what options are available for those of us that would want to help out but aren't camped out infront of the computer.

They'll know when they get notified with a email/letter from cfp/GOVT changes. Who knows what they'll say in the end but them. There wasn't much notice of the last ban on rifles it was like a switch flipped then even though there was rumors and one day we were all prohibited gun owners.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    What actually happend to the stock instores from the last go. Are they still holding ars and such. Or would these handguns be able to be export backnout the the states distributor.
    Not entirely sure all the options available to dealers impacted by the 2020 OIC, but one of our local dealers has nearly a dozen 50BMG rifles and somewhere above 50 "banned" rifles still in their vault. So about a quarter million of stock he can't sell, move, or otherwise liquidate/monetize. But still had to pay the distributor for. Because in canada we have private rights. Or something like that.
    To re-export (if there isn't a rule in c21 banning the such) you would still need to go thru export permits, brokerage, and the time/effort. Would it be each dealer trying to sell to an ffl or similar in the USA? Not likely a distributor would want to buy guns to sell to the us,lots of steps having already occurred to add to the price, and you would be competing with wholesale. A good question for irunguns...

Irun has said they can export stuff besides ar15 i believe in another thread and obviously anything not Chinese and im sure prophetriver has that channel as wel. Would be a interesting topic though.

Prophetriver has names of brokers for export listed on their site as well fyi

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    Irun has said they can export stuff besides ar15 i believe in another thread and obviously anything not Chinese and im sure prophetriver has that channel as wel. Would be a interesting topic though.

Prophetriver has names of brokers for export listed on their site as well fyi
    Yes, would just be curious if the export avenue changes with c21. With jolie saying import/export permits are needed as of Aug19, and they "simply won't grant any permits", I suspect the govt will take the 'you can't do anything' approach. I doubt they consider the actual functioning implications of the law prior to drafting it.

I'm curious how this all shakes out. Technically I should be an "exempted individual" for buying handguns (hold an ATC), but does that apply to just what I'm POPed with (so its only legit if I have to replace a glockzilla?) or do i get a pass to buy any restricted thats available. Likewise, I don't qualify for LEO purchase groups, so unless someone steps up and makes a company that handles the somewhat limited ATC purchase requirements, then I'm stuck having to buy south of the border and then figure out how to get thru NICS and export process... So, maybe the govt will be all big brained and say "any leftovers can be sold to ATC" which would work okay for armed security (the 9mm cuts it), but wilderness atc needs a 10mm/44mag/similar, so hows that going to work...

When I log into the PR website and look at my order it has a number 602.... at the bottom with a date and initials, is that my transfer number? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lafermeimparfaite View Post
    When I log into the PR website and look at my order it has a number 602.... at the bottom with a date and initials, is that my transfer number? thank you
    Seven digit number in the order comments? Yes. With a 602XXXX you must have bought in first week of September?

Any odds and ends left?

Thank you to whoever bought that Beretta M9A1 22LR.