Page 168 of 191 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176178188 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1901

Thread: Transfer Times

  1. #1671
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadArms 1867 View Post
    Waiting since June 9th for my first transfer. The SQ only JUST called one of my references last week. No news since then.

    Also the language used was "do you give your consent for this RPAL holder to have a handgun?" Which just seems odd considering my reference has much less knowledge of the subject than me or the SQ... But they treat them like an authority? 👍🤡

    Ontario & Alberta Businesses to Quebec Private - was my first restricted purchase on 9 June 2023, so that put me in a special Quebec category.. Plus a "few more" in the following months.. for what it's worth here are some of my transfer details.

    First Ref # 59297XX (Ontario to QC - June 10th)
    Middle of the Pack Ref # 59858XX (Ontario to QC - August 6th)
    Last Ref # 60302XX (Ontario to QC - Sept 12th)

    ALL transfer approvals received within 1 hour of each other, today, February 3rd.

    Took 9 months counting from June... 6 months if counting from September

  2. #1672
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadArms 1867 View Post
    Ontario & Alberta Businesses to Quebec Private - was my first restricted purchase on 9 June 2023, so that put me in a special Quebec category.. Plus a "few more" in the following months.. for what it's worth here are some of my transfer details.

    First Ref # 59297XX (Ontario to QC - June 10th)
    Middle of the Pack Ref # 59858XX (Ontario to QC - August 6th)
    Last Ref # 60302XX (Ontario to QC - Sept 12th)

    ALL transfer approvals received within 1 hour of each other, today, February 3rd.

    Took 9 months counting from June... 6 months if counting from September
    Are you mixing up the RPAL license itself and the handgun transfers? i'm confused, there are no references for a transfer

  3. #1673
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    231
    Well after 2 weeks of the transfer being approved and 1 day in the mail my second last handgun maybe ever has arrived lol

  4. #1674
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    Are you mixing up the RPAL license itself and the handgun transfers? i'm confused, there are no references for a transfer
    I think it’s a different process in Quebec.
    Ontario Restricted Transfer Chart:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zIoOPwS9cTHbG6eAD8_QXgkdaFnx7oKc2hhdN-8IZRg/

  5. #1675
    Newbie BRICKTOP187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17
    New Canadian Gun Nut here.
    Reference #60518## received 10/13/22 I’m sure I’m still a couple months away.

    This may be a rook question, is a pcc considered a handgun in Canada?
    For example, Freedom Ordnance FX9, with 8” barrel?

    Also, my range membership expired last year. Been kinda busy with other things in life that I took some time off some of my hobbies.
    Will I get a call from the cfo in regards to my membership being expired?

    thanks!

  6. #1676
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOP187 View Post
    New Canadian Gun Nut here.
    Reference #60518## received 10/13/22 I’m sure I’m still a couple months away.

    This may be a rook question, is a pcc considered a handgun in Canada?
    For example, Freedom Ordnance FX9, with 8” barrel?

    Also, my range membership expired last year. Been kinda busy with other things in life that I took some time off some of my hobbies.
    Will I get a call from the cfo in regards to my membership being expired?

    thanks!
    It's a restricted rifle I believe

    if you're in Ontario you don't need a range membership, otherwise, maybe
    Last edited by metamatt; 02-04-2023 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added quote to reply

  7. #1677
    Newbie BRICKTOP187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17
    I’m in Ontario, I do plan on renewing soon anyway as I’m missing those times at the range greatly.
    The FX9 is my second restricted firearm purchase.

    I only wish I had more $ before c21 was introduced. Woulda shoulda bought some more.

  8. #1678
    CGN Regular -raqh-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOP187 View Post
    New Canadian Gun Nut here.
    Reference #60518## received 10/13/22 Iím sure Iím still a couple months away.

    This may be a rook question, is a pcc considered a handgun in Canada?
    For example, Freedom Ordnance FX9, with 8Ē barrel?

    Also, my range membership expired last year. Been kinda busy with other things in life that I took some time off some of my hobbies.
    Will I get a call from the cfo in regards to my membership being expired?

    thanks!
    PCC are not considered handguns, some models, like the 8" model you speak of, are restricted long guns just like the ARs were, but due to barrel and/or overall length rather than just name/model like ARs were whatever barrel length they had. But some are non-restricted (yet) if barrel and OAL are gtg. When ARs, as well as other makes, were still available, some models could be registered as pistols, which is why the LAR mags are a technically legal thing in Canada.

    If you are in QC (which you didn't mention, but I guess you are since you ask about membership and to my knowledge it's only a law 9/Anastasia thing and not elsewhere in ROC), I strongly advice you take care of it yourself before you get a call/suspension. Pay your membership and a subscription to a new law 9 course/exam ASAP. The range have to submit their restricted members list to the SQ each year and to keep your restricted you need to have the law 9 and continuous membership as well as firing restricted at least once a year with proof in the range's books. If you fall short of any of those, even if it's only a few days late on membership, it's almost back to square one. You won't have to ask for a new RPAL if you fix it, but you will automatically have to do law 9 again and have a new transport autorisation issued as the previous will be void/suspended.

    It's ridiculous, you don't have to mention...
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

  9. #1679
    Newbie BRICKTOP187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17
    I’m in Ontario, going to renew membership asap

    Thanks

  10. #1680
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Northern View Post
    I think it’s a different process in Quebec.
    Sorry to confuse, on my Quebecistan approval paperwork its referred to as a "Transfer Reference No. 59297XX" etc etc etc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •