Page 192 of 195 FirstFirst ... 172182184185186187188189190191192193194195 LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1941

Thread: Transfer Times

Private to Private purchase in Ontario 6055*** (less than the 6055400 however) turned down, presumably due to cutoff date, purchased Oct 21st, 10am.

I bought 10th of August, initiated the 15th and got processed 21st of March. By e-mail, when i spoke to the foc they were at the end of August still, so now guess beginning of septembre... It took over seven month to get approved. And the fact that theres a background check it takes way more time...in QC
    Hold on tight my friend, you'll see the light one Day!
    Wish you that it goes faster than me!

Quote Originally Posted by coooey39 View Post
    Anyone have QC transfer times for 1st time restricted buyers? I purchased QC business to QC private Oct 7th, 6049xxx.

I assume it takes longer since they need to contact references?
    I bought 10th of August, initiated the 15th and got processed 21st of March. By e-mail, when i spoke to the foc they were at the end of August still, so now guess beginning of septembre... It took over seven month to get approved. And the fact that theres a background check since its the forest time it takes way more time...in QC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Ontario 12.6 started October 3, 2022 just came through
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Business -> ON Private
    RIFLE
    Initiated Mar 29, 2023
    Accepted April 3, 2023
    6065XXX

Fastest transfer I’ve ever had. I guess banning transfer of most restricteds in the country will do that.
    Here’s hoping that one day we can legally buy and sell handguns once again in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    I bought 10th of August, initiated the 15th and got processed 21st of March. By e-mail, when i spoke to the foc they were at the end of August still, so now guess beginning of septembre... It took over seven month to get approved. And the fact that theres a background check since its the forest time it takes way more time...in QC
    Thanks for giving me your timeline. I’m moving to BC July 1st, might get tight with that timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by misterplinker1 View Post
    Business -> ON Private
    RIFLE
    Initiated Mar 29, 2023
    Accepted April 3, 2023
    6065XXX

Fastest transfer I’ve ever had. I guess banning transfer of most restricteds in the country will do that.
    Here’s hoping that one day we can legally buy and sell handguns once again in the near future.
    Just curious, is this a restricted or non-restricted rifle? I guess you implied restricted, but just want to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by haoqi View Post
    Just curious, is this a restricted or non-restricted rifle? I guess you implied restricted, but just want to confirm
    Hi, only restricted class (and for some privileged “grandfathers”, prohibited class) firearms require transfer.
    Unfortunately our current government made some changes to the process of buying and selling other firearms, which I think led to your confusion and subsequent question.

For “transfer” of non-restricted firearms, there is no approval or denial, simply the ability to verify if the buyer and seller have valid PALs. The alphanumeric reference number given is basically meaningless, it just gives you a checkmark if the other individual is good to go. The verification is instantaneous in almost all cases, though I have had a non-restricted firearm license verification take over two weeks once. Something was wrong with the other guy’s PAL and he had to call to get it sorted out.

I’ve heard some folks ‘round here have eyesight good enough to read the expiry date and look at the picture on the card to ensure it matches the buyer in front of them.

This thread is for those who, unfortunately, must ask our government for permission to buy or sell “more dangerous” firearms requiring more strict rule following.

To answer your question, restricted rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by coooey39 View Post
    Anyone have QC transfer times for 1st time restricted buyers? I purchased QC business to QC private Oct 7th, 6049xxx.

I assume it takes longer since they need to contact references?
    my transfer number is 6034xxx and I am still waiting for them.... bcafe is taking way longer than all the other to approve transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by misterplinker1 View Post
    Hi, only restricted class (and for some privileged “grandfathers”, prohibited class) firearms require transfer.
    Unfortunately our current government made some changes to the process of buying and selling other firearms, which I think led to your confusion and subsequent question.

For “transfer” of non-restricted firearms, there is no approval or denial, simply the ability to verify if the buyer and seller have valid PALs. The alphanumeric reference number given is basically meaningless, it just gives you a checkmark if the other individual is good to go. The verification is instantaneous in almost all cases, though I have had a non-restricted firearm license verification take over two weeks once. Something was wrong with the other guy’s PAL and he had to call to get it sorted out.

I’ve heard some folks ‘round here have eyesight good enough to read the expiry date and look at the picture on the card to ensure it matches the buyer in front of them.

This thread is for those who, unfortunately, must ask our government for permission to buy or sell “more dangerous” firearms requiring more strict rule following.

To answer your question, restricted rifle.
    I see, thank you very much for the detailed explanation