Transfer Times

Lottery ticket time. my transfer on a restricted trade was less than 24 hours. Much depends on the staffing resources of your Province. Whatever it is, it will be faster than getting a Passport. Good luck

and i'm 76,000 behind him. By time I get mine, summer will be over..

Summer??? Next summer will be over by the time you see yours, if ever. I still believe socks has another trick up his sleeve. Might be a years long court battle to get the guns he blocks transfers on come fall.

Brutal. I have 3 privates pending. 2 out and one in. All are in the 595###x time span. Imagine if other gubmint issued cards were issued under such ridiculous timeframes?! Hard to ignore how obvious it is in the eyes of this joke gubmint that we are are third class citizens even though we are the most vetted and scrutinized citizens. Boggles the mind.

5947### purchased June 13th from dealer. Reference # received June 21st. No updates yet..

Only hope is that subsequent orders I made on July 9th and July 12th will get processed at the same time?

I also received a transfer reference number within two days from a restricted on line purchase, from Epp's. This does not mean you will be picking it up for many months to come.

BC transfers haven't been too bad (about a month behind but with some randoms). I had luck with getting through on the phone and having them do 4 transfers at once (took a couple minutes, faster than 4 staff doing 4 individually).

Keep in mind each province has their own CFO, and will be doing things slightly different. Some will send out the transfer notification to the seller, some don't (because that extra field on the email is just too hard...). But a good rule of thumb is once it goes past 30 days from purchase, a call in to your cfo is a good idea, there may be a little error or unfilled field in your transfer that has had it set aside until they get through all the volume of applications. Once you do get your transfer notice, its always a good idea to contact your seller (ideally call, and let them know you are emailing) anyway and cc them a copy of your transfer approval. For little shops (Marstar, Prophet) they usually ship the pistol out in a day or so, bigger shops like Tenda are a week or two right now (they are just so busy and only have so much shipping capacity) and really big stores (Cabela's) are an absolute crap-shoot to deal with, you may get lucky and get quick service, or you may be waiting (my record with them is 7 weeks to ship after the transfers were approved).

Most importantly, as a newbie, it will go through, you are just getting the experience of the system dealing with many times the volume it was designed for. Stressful for everyone (except justin, he's on holidays in costa rice) but it'll come through in the end.

Summer??? Next summer will be over by the time you see yours, if ever. I still believe socks has another trick up his sleeve. Might be a years long court battle to get the guns he blocks transfers on come fall.

No question they are planning more restrictions. They didn't start disarming the population only to stop now. The next couple years will be brutal.

It's a freeze on new purchases or sales bud. All started transfers will be completed just like the 2020 oic once it takes effect

It's a freeze on new purchases or sales bud. All started transfers will be completed just like the 2020 oic once it takes effect

I thought the proposed legislation stated that it would become illegal for the CFO to give a registration to someone who isn't a carry permit holder or Olympic shooter.
I could be wrong though

Bud, I know what it is, and I know started transfers went through eventually after legal battles when they last pulled this $hit in the 90's. What I'm saying is, socks has already made it blatantly obvious laws can be broken/changed/mandated on a whim.

Just got two transfers approved in BC today. One from June 3rd, one from June 22nd. A week and a half after I sent in (unsolicited) proof of range membership.

#5899### and #5947### fwiw

Back
Top Bottom