Transfer Times

Finally got through on the phone to a very nice lady who approved all three of my transfers today. One from June 15,and 29th and one from July 7th . In AB

Seems only three CFOs are doing this BC, AB, and NS.
In Ontario, according to some, if you call in, you get put at the end of the queue.

I am trying to start a transfer and cant get anyone on the phone. Today I tried 25 times and only a couple of times did it seem like someone might answer, all the rest tell you to call back. Previously ive waited for 30mins and had the line cut out. I am calling on breaks so I cant wait for too long and theres no after hours or early option, all 9-5.

This is Ontario.

This is how the $hit starts....so why start it???

The RCMP my web service page is also down for some reason I suspect from either over use and crashed or they got tired of so many where's my stuff questions I know the couple times I have called the CFO I spent an hour on hold + then it rings and goes to a message saying technical difficulties so I just gave up. I think its a combination of stalling and overwhelmed Im sire they did not expect to be so hammered with people buying.

Got through today to get my second completed transfer in 7 days.

First one was early June and the second was mid July both through a pro vendor.

Alberta

Got through today to get my second completed transfer in 7 days.

First one was early June and the second was mid July both through a pro vendor.

Alberta

I heard multiple people saying they call to get the transfer approved when buying from
A business? I did not think this was a thing you usually just have to wait as calling does nothing? Long ago I called when I was very new told them my reference number and they pretty much said well that’s a nice reference number but it’s waiting to be approved from the CFO

You are correct, you only have to call and complete if it's a private sale. Business they just give you a ref number incase you want to call and ask where the progress is.

June 4th transfer Business and still nothing here in Ontario

I am trying to start a transfer and cant get anyone on the phone. Today I tried 25 times and only a couple of times did it seem like someone might answer, all the rest tell you to call back. Previously ive waited for 30mins and had the line cut out. I am calling on breaks so I cant wait for too long and there's no after hours or early option, all 9-5.

This is Ontario.

the National firearm association of canada posted a letter from the CFO of Ont that asked people not call in as unless its important the transfers are going as fast as they can considering the massive influx and each call takes an agent away from approving them. that said I called twice in BC and spent an hour on hold to get a recording there was a tech difficulty and disconnected lol Ive been waiting since june I feel your pain

You are correct, you only have to call and complete if it's a private sale. Business they just give you a ref number incase you want to call and ask where the progress is.

June 4th transfer Business and still nothing here in Ontario

If you look in this string a very small few are posing their reg # when they get the approval as they are in order of being recieved you can check it against yours and see roughly how long it might be the last one I saw was 2 days before my purchase that was 3 days ago so Im hoping Ill know either way soon

Inputting transfers at the store used to take us a minute or two. The system has been so bogged down, it's taking 20-30 minutes to input, and that's if it doesn't just hang, and you don't have to start all over. I can only imagine the CFO offices are chained to the same pathetic server/system. Now, figure that they've had a few years worth of transfer requests, and multiply that by 10 times to account for the lag time in the system. I have a personal transfer that was put in June 14th. I'm not holding my breath that I'll see it before Christmas.

I noticed today the system in fact the whole website used to enter the info had crashed the RCMP my webspace was down all day

Currently waiting for my July3 to go thru (QC), shouldn't be too long I hope. I'm not sure where I can see which day they are currently at.

a few days ago they were around 597###X ish June 21 22 as I understand it the numbers go in order so compare your reg # to one someone approved posts and you can get a rough idea

Back
Top Bottom