Page 12 of 195 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Bought June 2nd, still waiting in ONT - commerical sale. This is brutal lmao.

Got through today to get my second completed transfer in 7 days.

First one was early June and the second was mid July both through a pro vendor.

Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezngunz View Post

Alberta
    Is that Alberta to Alberta?

I'm waiting on an Alberta to BC and it's been a couple weeks
    If I don't reply in a timely manner it's probably because I'm out camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezngunz View Post

Alberta
    I heard multiple people saying they call to get the transfer approved when buying from
    A business? I did not think this was a thing you usually just have to wait as calling does nothing? Long ago I called when I was very new told them my reference number and they pretty much said well that’s a nice reference number but it’s waiting to be approved from the CFO

You are correct, you only have to call and complete if it's a private sale. Business they just give you a ref number incase you want to call and ask where the progress is.

June 4th transfer Business and still nothing here in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Is that Alberta to Alberta?

I'm waiting on an Alberta to BC and it's been a couple weeks
    Yes. From a gun shop here in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderkbaker View Post
    I am trying to start a transfer and cant get anyone on the phone. Today I tried 25 times and only a couple of times did it seem like someone might answer, all the rest tell you to call back. Previously ive waited for 30mins and had the line cut out. I am calling on breaks so I cant wait for too long and there's no after hours or early option, all 9-5.

This is Ontario.
    the National firearm association of canada posted a letter from the CFO of Ont that asked people not call in as unless its important the transfers are going as fast as they can considering the massive influx and each call takes an agent away from approving them. that said I called twice in BC and spent an hour on hold to get a recording there was a tech difficulty and disconnected lol Ive been waiting since june I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by 870pumplover View Post
    You are correct, you only have to call and complete if it's a private sale. Business they just give you a ref number incase you want to call and ask where the progress is.

June 4th transfer Business and still nothing here in Ontario
    If you look in this string a very small few are posing their reg # when they get the approval as they are in order of being recieved you can check it against yours and see roughly how long it might be the last one I saw was 2 days before my purchase that was 3 days ago so Im hoping Ill know either way soon

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Inputting transfers at the store used to take us a minute or two. The system has been so bogged down, it's taking 20-30 minutes to input, and that's if it doesn't just hang, and you don't have to start all over. I can only imagine the CFO offices are chained to the same pathetic server/system. Now, figure that they've had a few years worth of transfer requests, and multiply that by 10 times to account for the lag time in the system. I have a personal transfer that was put in June 14th. I'm not holding my breath that I'll see it before Christmas.
    I noticed today the system in fact the whole website used to enter the info had crashed the RCMP my webspace was down all day

Quote Originally Posted by TehLinky4 View Post
    Currently waiting for my July3 to go thru (QC), shouldn't be too long I hope. I'm not sure where I can see which day they are currently at.
    a few days ago they were around 597XXXX ish June 21 22 as I understand it the numbers go in order so compare your reg # to one someone approved posts and you can get a rough idea