Page 17 of 195 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

June 3rd, Alberta to Ontario, commercial purchase. Still waiting.

58931xx
    ON
    May 31-Aug15 (approved)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alltieear View Post
    I don't get why people do this. Everyone is waiting to get their transfer approved. Why are you more entitled to get your transfer first?

And then by posting it, you are pretty much encouraging others to do the same. This will cause overall transfer times to increase as it takes time to answer calls and verify all your information rather than looking at what their software has already provided for the next person in line.
    Litterally has nothing to do with transfers outside of Alberta, he's talking to the Alberta CFO office, not the Mirimachi, doesn't affect you in the slightest. If someone is willing to take the time to make the phone call and get theirs approved, perfect. This is a deadline race. I did the same calling the Alberta CFO and had all 4 of mine approved. And I'll be calling again with my new transfers when I think an appropriate amount of time has passed,
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Regular
    Likewise in BC, but the call center staff are being a bit less willing to expedite the transfers now (and one said they were still working on some early june transfers as well). Although sometimes when you call the BC direct number you get people out east (and after 2pm the system tells you they are closed...). Bigger pain for private transfers, who wants to have their money sitting in the hands of some random internet weirdo for 3 months while we wait for a transfer to go thru?
    Math doesn't really work- if I can get transfers approved on the phone, on average it takes them under 2 minutes per gun, so on a 480minute work day, lets say 200 transfers, and I have seen at least 6 different names on ATT and transfer approvals from BC staff (and one would think that wouldn't be all of them), there should be about 6000 transfers approved per week, or 60,000 since the may 31 rush. Yeah they have other stuff, and lots of callers are numpties (and so they are likely answering all sorts or dumb questions, plus the regs are written crappily) but they sure aren't reaching maximum productivity

East coast seems to be winning the quickest transfers contest atm. Sold one to a NB buyer, initiated July 25th, done today. In Alberta I have a purchased one still pending from June 14th, from a Saskatchewan dealer. Brutal...

Quote Originally Posted by gunguyyyc View Post
    East coast seems to be winning the quickest transfers contest atm. Sold one to a NB buyer, initiated July 25th, done today. In Alberta I have a purchased one still pending from June 14th, from a Saskatchewan dealer. Brutal...
    Usually it only takes a couple days to do a transfer in NB now it’s close to a month. So they are busy. I would not be surprised to find out that all the CFO offices are staffed the same regardless of the population of the province.

And maybe some are on vacation…
    At least it’s good to hear that they are slowly moving forward…

I made a private sale from BC to a guy in Nova Scotia. Made the sale last Monday and received the transfer today. 1 week start to finish.

In BC
    After 15 attempts I was able to get through today.
    Two transfers from July 7 I was able to get approved. Transfer #s 596XXXX
    Three more transfers from July 12 to July 23 she said were too new and she was going to leave them.
    These are my first restricteds and she said to send in copy of my range membership as well.
    She said that workers are on vacation now but hopefully at end of summer when workers are back from vacation it moves along quicker

Forgive me if already answered but seeing more and more chatter on calling into the CFO to try and get transfer approved. Anyone try this with Ontario?
    Last edited by Sapper92; 08-15-2022 at 10:01 PM.