Page 61 of 195 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tech1. View Post
    How do you get the reference number?
    Ask the store you purchased it from

If you are a BC Resident follow this procedure:

- Call 1-800-731-4000
    - Press 1
    - Wait for annoying Bill C-21 announcement to pass
    - Press 1 again
    - Extension "9530" when asked (BC CFO personnel)
    - If you are polite and respectful in your enquiry they will offer and you can ask as well to have your transfers completed.

- They are very nice to deal with and will approve all your outstanding transfers if you are willing to wait (who isn't at this point)
    - It will likely take you a few tries and their system only holds for 10 min and not 32 min like the general CFP number

Good Luck
    Last edited by 7.92X33Kurz; 09-21-2022 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.92X33Kurz View Post

- Call 1-800-731-4000
    - Press 1
    - Press 1 again
    - If you are polite and respectful in your enquiry they will offer and you can ask as well to have your transfers completed.

- They are very nice to deal with and will approve all your outstanding transfers if you are willing to wait (who isn't at this point)
    - It will likely take you a few tries and their system only holds for 10 min and not 32 min like the general CFP number

Good Luck
    Anyone have the extension number for the Ontario CFO ?

Quote Originally Posted by cdqxyy View Post
    it is 7503 if I recall correctly, but nobody answered last time I tried to call. emails are answered more quickly.
    Making guns harder to get legally doesn't make them harder to get illegally. Jay
    Link to Chart : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zIoOPwS9cTHbG6eAD8_QXgkdaFnx7oKc2hhdN-8IZRg/edit#gid=386145428

Quote Originally Posted by cdqxyy View Post
    I don’t know if anyone has had success calling Ontario

CGN Regular

- Call 1-800-731-4000
    - Press 1
    - Press 1 again

Good Luck
    I have honestly tried 100 times and either won’t take the call or cut s me off between 5 and 30 min. It so frustrating and trying to work at the same time. Called easily 6 times today and could not get connected.

- Call 1-800-731-4000
    - Press 1
    - Press 1 again

Good Luck
    I did exactly this today, and it works. I had a purchase from Alberta (Prophet River) that got approved over the phone. To my surprise, the receptionist even approved a transfer I had for another private sale from BC (myself) to the buyer in Ontario. I thought only the Ontario CFO could do this, but I was wrong. The transfer number was 601XXXX, and took place end of August…approved today, Sept. 21.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmallLebowski View Post
    I did exactly this today, and it works. I had a purchase from Alberta (Prophet River) that got approved over the phone. To my surprise, the receptionist even approved a transfer I had for another private sale from BC (myself) to the buyer in Ontario. I thought only the Ontario CFO could do this, but I was wrong. The transfer number was 601XXXX, and took place end of August…approved today, Sept. 21.
    Unreal. I ordered July 16th in BC and havent heard anything. Ive called a few times and all they tell me is to hurry up and wait.
    Money talks, BS walks.

DO NOT expect me to hold items without prior discussion or payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bman12456 View Post
    Unreal. I ordered July 16th in BC and havent heard anything. Ive called a few times and all they tell me is to hurry up and wait.
    I've got a July 7th. Get in line lol