Thread: Are there stores that would be willing to order a certain handgun for you?

Are there stores that would be willing to order a certain handgun for you?

Hi, I'm based in Vancouver and I recently got my Restricted/NR. I am in the market for a Sig P320 and a Glock, and these are not too hard to find if you consistently look.

But I would really like a Browning 1911 in 380 ACP, and I haven't been able to find any of these here, on gunpost, or on any gun dealer website.

My grandfather used to have a full size 1911 and I used to watch him clean it as a kid. I was raised by my grandparents so I've always wanted to get a 1911 as a way to commemorate him.

I also happen to have smaller hands so the 380 is what I want, rather than the full size 45 acp.

I spoke to Reliable Gun, Italian Sporting Goods, and West Coast Hunting Supplies and non of them have these on order.

Is there a way to reach out to Browning directly to see which dealer is still importing them? Or are there stores in Canada that can put in a special request to Browning on my behalf?

Failing these, what would be the best option to get a 1911 380? I am willing to pay extra if all else fails. But it seems that the WTB ads for the 1911 380 have been unanswered since June, so I don't think posting a WTB request is really going to help my case.

Thanks everyone!

Contact Browning Canada and see if they have any, if they do I’m sure any dealer could order it for you. If they don’t you are pretty well out of luck unless one of the importer/dealers are getting any, such as prophet river or irunguns.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive... Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” C. S. Lewis

Buy your gun on Gunbroker and get it imported by Irunguns. Take about 6 weeks so you should have time before the proposed October planned freeze.
    Follow instruction for import on their web site. Painless process if you take time to read, understand and follow the rules.

We do this. We only have one model of Browning 380 with legal barrel though. We can start transfer this week. Shoot us an email at info@armseast.com

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

Anecdotally 1911s are probably the most in-demand firearm since May 30. I'd probably hit up the retailer (Arms East) that responded. I'd bet a fist-full of brass that their 1911 is not going to sit on the shelf!

By the way, Abbotsford Cabelas just told me this afternoon that they are expecting a shipment of P320s to arrive tomorrow (Aug. 2).
    Oh hello. Are you picking up your brass?

If you watch the gunpost website and others like it there are new firearms every other day and I have seen the 1911's on there in the 45apc there was one last night I also saw one on shooters choice but it was $10,000 WAY x infinity past my gun budget lol

Prophet River has a Browning 1911 in .380 in stock https://store.prophetriver.com/brown...051969492-a12/