Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scorpio Bolt Action Rifle .22lr 13"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I try not to buy anything Chinese.

From Marstar:

We should have them next week, no free shipping. Price should be ~275$
    -John

seems like best deal so far is 270$ from Tenda and grab 30$ in ammo to get free shipping (which is 40$ for me).
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcosdad View Post
    Which dealers have these? Mr Google can't locate any.
    It literally says it in the post

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahnj0584 View Post
    From Marstar:

We should have them next week, no free shipping. Price should be ~275$
    -John

seems like best deal so far is 270$ from Tenda and grab 30$ in ammo to get free shipping (which is 40$ for me).
    you can't ship guns and ammo together, probably buy extra magazines instead?

In order to buy unrestriced, according to their webiste, Tenda will ask you to email them a photo copy of your ID to them, this is crazy.

This practice will make you more vulnerable to identity theft and fraud.

Email system it is not secure, your private inforamtion can be easily leaked or stolen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pertain View Post
    In order to buy unrestriced, according to their webiste, Tenda will ask you to email them a photo copy of your ID to them, this is crazy.

This practice will make you more vulnerable to identity theft and fraud.

Email system it is not secure, your private inforamtion can be easily leaked or stolen.

that's why, I pass.... completely stupid to share information by email........
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

So how many magazines come with the gun? Just the one?

Just one mag

Does anyone know what the barrel threading is? 1/2 x 28 or 1/2 x 20?
    If you haven't paid, you have not bought it. Items for sale are only held if paid in full.

Quote Originally Posted by pertain View Post
    In fairness, that is not specific to Tenda. Federal law changed as part of bringing back the long gun registry:

https://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2...ors91-eng.html

See "Information Relating to Transferee’s Licence" section 6 (a) (ii) B.

If you are picking up in person then you can show your PAL and have them compare the photo with your face. That said I don't know if every vendor has updated their web stores to take this into account (ie not requiring emailed info for pickup orders)... given all the other crazy things going on I expect they have not.

Code:
    For the purposes of the issuance of a reference number under section 23 of the Act, the transferor must

(a) confirm, when making a request referred to in paragraph 23(1)(b) of the Act to the Registrar, that they have taken reasonable steps to verify that the transferee is the holder of the licence, including
            (i) in the case of a transfer that is completed in person, whether in whole or in part, by comparing the photograph on the licence with the person presenting themselves as the transferee, and
            (ii) in all other cases,
                (A) by using the method set out in paragraph (a), or
                (B) if the comparison cannot be undertaken using that method, by comparing the information on the transferee’s licence with that on another piece of photo identification that has been issued by the Government of Canada or a provincial or municipal government; and
        (b) provide the Registrar with
            (i) the transferee’s licence number, and
            (ii) any other information requested by the Registrar.
    Anyways, the only alternative I can see is allowing the dealer to verify your PAL in person.
    Last edited by bridgman; 08-10-2022 at 12:58 PM.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities" - Pierre E. Trudeau

Ordered mine today from FOC. "Free" Extra mag through them compared to Tenda. Just read all the modification threads and ready for another Rimfire rebuild project.

No mention of sending my DL at this point.
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast