Thread: Including Pics in a new FS thread

Including Pics in a new FS thread

I want to sell some items. I also want to add some pics. The insert pic tab only allows a url to a photo? What do you guys suggest to use for this? I registered with photobucket but not to sure what to do from there. I wish it was direct upload. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by windage View Post
    I want to sell some items. I also want to add some pics. The insert pic tab only allows a url to a photo? What do you guys suggest to use for this? I registered with photobucket but not to sure what to do from there. I wish it was direct upload. Thanks for the help.
    I use photobucket too. It's a pain in the a$$ but those are the rules here. Go to the pic in Photobucket and copy the image line underneath it (the one with "image" in the url). Then paste that line in your post where you want the pic to go. It won't show up as a picture until you save the post. Hope that makes sense.

Upload your pic to photobucket, and then edit your ad, paste in the link to your pic.

It's really easier than you think.

The line will look like this:

[IMG] http://i8.photo bucket.com/albums/a2...gon/mount1.jpg [/IMG] (minus the spaces)

and will display like this:

Last edited by blargon; 03-29-2008 at 12:00 PM.

If CGN offered direct upload, it'd be a big drain on the server(s?). I'll take the PITA factor if it means faster/smoother surfing for gun prOn!
    Last edited by w squared; 03-29-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: deficient lEEtsPeAk

Photobucket, fast, easy, and free. Once you do it once, you will shake your head at how simple it is, and wonder why everyone doesn't post pic's in EE. I can have a pic posted here, from the internet, or from my camera in less than 30 seconds. If thats too onerous, we have a problem.
    Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Richard Henry Lee: "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.

Thanks for your help guys. I didn't notice the sutle, undistinquished address links under the photo that I just uploaded. Thats when I started to wonder what the address would be. Also looking at the ads beside it, made me question if I needed another service to signup as well, to accomplish my task.