Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expected RPAL wait time these days?

Well...I took my PAL course in 2004...signed up for the Restricted as well at the same time but didn't end up taking it due to family illness.

I decided to take my Restricted this past summer (2022) in August. Got back the signed documents from CFO's office in September, sent it to CFC by Fedex overnight which was received September 21. Been sitting there since, and I just logged into IWS and it still shows my last renewal of my PAL in 2018. I am hoping my application changes status soon...at least they can acknowledge they actually received it and it didn't fall behind someone's desk or something.

I remember in 2004 the time it took for me to get the PAL from the time I dropped off the signed application by snail mail to the point I got my PAL card in my mailbox was a little under six weeks. I have no illusions I will get that same level of service around.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Here's some hope guys, reapplied for my Rpal mid September and the renewal came in today. Ontario to boot! I was getting worried seeing some threads, good luck to those still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapDiabetus View Post
    Here's some hope guys, reapplied for my Rpal mid September and the renewal came in today. Ontario to boot! I was getting worried seeing some threads, good luck to those still waiting
    Awesome to hear you got your renewal processed!

But it seems like the delays affect predominantly new applications, not renewals from what I have been reading in this thread. Others have reported a decent turnaround on renewals, particularly when done online. But it seems like the lion's share of delay and inconsistent processing issues / in limbo status updates after initial review, almost always affect net new applications, whether it is new PAL, combo PAL/RPAL and in my case Restricted endorsement upgrade only new applications.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Awesome to hear you got your renewal processed!

But it seems like the delays affect predominantly new applications, not renewals from what I have been reading in this thread. Others have reported a decent turnaround on renewals, particularly when done online. But it seems like the lion's share of delay and inconsistent processing issues / in limbo status updates after initial review, almost always affect net new applications, whether it is new PAL, combo PAL/RPAL and in my case Restricted endorsement upgrade only new applications.
    You waited 18 years and for a full handgun ban to be announced before applying for your RPAL. You deserve every minute of the wait to get it you have in front of you.

I did both PAL/RPAL courses last winter and paperwork is listed as received on Feb 15th. I was expecting at least a 4 month delay so after 4 months I called in and was told that it was sent to the CFO Ontario office "2 weeks ago so expect something not too long." after another 2 months I got ahold of the CFO office by email and the response was to expect a 9 month delay. Still says "we have completed the initial review..." today. so if it is 9 months from when there office got it I might not see anything until march. 13 months total. I'm really kicking myself for not getting into the sport years ago. Time will tell. I still check for my daily dose of disappointment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    You waited 18 years and for a full handgun ban to be announced before applying for your RPAL. You deserve every minute of the wait to get it you have in front of you.
    Aren't you helpful !

for me, new RPAL, Ontario

Received on July 11,2022;
    Issued: Dec 1, 2022;
    card is on the way

AB here. Sent renewal mid July.
    Expired Oct. Still no license. Renewal received is all I can find out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12