Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expected RPAL wait time these days?

Question Expected RPAL wait time these days?

getting my rpal course in a month (shouldve done it last year when i got my PAL but oh well). whats the usual wait time for a RPAL now. with the "freeze" things have been a little crazy

CGN Regular
    Took just under 5 months for me (new PAL/RPAL application) in Ontario. Did courses Feb 4/5 and license was issued June 23rd, with card arriving 3 weeks after that.

thanks, if im lucky il be able to buy a handgun before the freeze goes in effect. although i doubt it im hopefull they will stall this for as long as possible

CGN Regular
    Best of luck in getting your license in time. Hopefully there will be something available to purchase at that time too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Best of luck on getting it in time. Your cutting it real close. To be honest I don't see you pulling it off fast enough to get a handgun, but there are plenty and I mean plenty of cool Rifles you can still get that are Restricted.

I got my RPAL in Sk. during COVID and I waited maybe 3 months, my friend in BC took it at the same time, took about a year. Wait times vary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I got told it was approved after I sent an email (after 4 months). They said it's in the mail but by the time it gets here it will be 5 months. What a joke...

I sent mine in on March 28th and just received my RPAL on August 3rd. Already had my PAL not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Its silly how long this stuff takes i get for the pal but the RPAL you have already jumped trough the redtape…

I did both RPAL and PAL. Mailed it in mid March and got my license in my hands by the end of July.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast