Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reliable... True to their name.

Been going to Reliable on and off over the past 45 years. My high school buddies and I would visit their store at lunch and drool over the 'toys'. The father ran the business then and we were always treated well even though he knew we wouldn't be buying.
    I don't believe the OP was not complaining about the service or friendliness of the owners and staff but more about price matching. For me when it comes to price matching I believe that I can ask. If the answer is 'no' then I would ask what is the best they can do. Sometimes a retailer can and sometimes a retailer can't. It is my decision whether to buy if they can't. More often than not I will still make the purchase. Every store is unique in the sense that they may have different operating expenses, different discounts on volume from their wholesalers and what not. I may have paid more from certain retailers and I didn't mind because these retailers provide a 'value add' that is not seen in the price. Here is an example of this from Reliable. Many years ago I brought a 1911 pistol to Reliable to have the rear sight upgraded. I did not buy the 1911 nor did I buy the rear sight from them. Shane did it for me on the spot and did not charge me even though I was willing to pay to have it done. Mind you I have bought/traded firearms, ammunition and optics from Reliable before this. I think there is more to buying than just looking for the lowest price and this is not exclusive to firearms related products or services. YMMV.....
    Last edited by misfire; 08-13-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    “Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    -Jeff Cooper-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    I live a few blocks from Reliable, and have been 'window shopping' there since several years before acquiring my RPAL a few years ago. Always fine, friendly, often outright enthusiastic people there. I've since bought several guns from them, new and used (their used gun selection is always worth looking over), and lots of ammunition and accessories.

On new guns they've given me a discount, though I've never asked. Not huge, but between 5% and 10%, I guess because a good friend of mine spends a lot there. I've never asked for a discount, not how I roll, somehow, just isn't in me to haggle. When I sell violins and other stuff to folks and they ask how low I can go, I consider carefully and generally give a small discount, but I'm not happy about it, as my pricing is about as low as it gets in the marketplace. And sometimes I won't budge, if a potential buyer is being at all annoying and pushy about it. They can always walk away, no skin off my nose. But as a shopper... it just makes me uncomfortable, asking. So it's a nice surprise, every time, when money comes off at the till. Happened again when I bought my Sig Cross last fall. Made me grin. Made my month, frankly, as life (my wife, now left me) wasn't treating me all that nicely, but there's good old Reliable, being nice to me.

I've never found a single negative thing about the store... except for the crowds at their annual Christmas sale. That's a bit nuts. Line running down the block, absolutely packed inside, long waits... but hey, it's a massive sale, and kinda fun, like going to the PNE or something, but with guns.
    Last edited by GerardSamija; 08-13-2022 at 06:31 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I have shopped there a few times for different items and liked the helpful service ! I understand that it’s a family business and I like that and like supporting small local business . Was wondering how many family members work in the store ? Can you share the names so when I’m there I know who I’m talking to ?
    Thank You !
    Leavenworth

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth View Post
    I have shopped there a few times for different items and liked the helpful service ! I understand that it’s a family business and I like that and like supporting small local business . Was wondering how many family members work in the store ? Can you share the names so when I’m there I know who I’m talking to ?
    Thank You !
    Leavenworth
    Thank you everyone for the glowing reviews. Leavenworth, every one of our staff are considered family, but Shane & John have taken the torch from Dave to keep it like coming home to family for 70 years and counting now! We look forward to seeing/hearing from all of you again soon!
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK OR FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

Ph: 604 874 4710 Fax: 604 874 4712
    Toll Free 1 800 407 5224
    3227 Fraser Street • Vancouver • BC • V5V 4B8
    Hours of Store: Tuesday - Friday 9 - 5:30 PM
    Saturday 9 - 5 PM
    EMAIL: orders@reliablegun.com
    http://www.reliablegun.com

Full Line direct dealer for
    Remington, Marlin, Browning, Bushnell, Tikka, Sako, Beretta, Benelli, Savage Arms, Ruger, NightForce, Trijicon, PWS, Nikon, Kel-Tec, Fenix Flashlights, Kent Cartridges and MANY MORE

CGN frequent flyer
    Thank You Very Much For The Reply ! You will get my business again !
    Leavenworth
    Quote Originally Posted by reliablegun View Post
    Thank you everyone for the glowing reviews. Leavenworth, every one of our staff are considered family, but Shane & John have taken the torch from Dave to keep it like coming home to family for 70 years and counting now! We look forward to seeing/hearing from all of you again soon!

CGN Regular
    the OP... me... was trying to sing the praises of Reliable. Every interaction I have had has been smooth, fast, and well... RELIABLE.
    Thanks again to Shane & John and their team for setting such a high bar for customer service, both instore as Leavenworth can attest and your online store!

Cheers,
    Standingtall

I live in the lower mainland and like most have only high praise for Reliable. Great service, knowledgeable staff and fair prices. I highly recommend stopping by if you haven’t before.

Anyone seen a Colt Python somewhere? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Anyone seen a Colt Python somewhere? Thank you
    Stop asking in every forum. please

Reliable is awesome to buy from!
    Last edited by mbk; 08-23-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123