Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Importation Ban: Effective August 19 22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hmmmm.
    I thought OIC's required 30 days notice to the public.

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:49 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    Let's translate this:

Official:
    "Canadians deserve to feel safe in their communities. That is why the Government of Canada has a comprehensive plan that gets firearms off our streets and more resources into our communities."

Translation:
    The government is concerned about growing civil unrest both now and projected into the future. For this reason we want to disarm the population and ramp up pacification programs.

Official:
    " A central part of this is the recently introduced Bill C21. The bill addresses the alarming role of guns in gender based violence, gets tough on organized crime and most significantly introduces a national freeze on the sale,transfer and ownership of handguns, anywhere in Canada. "

Translation:
    We're making our disarmament program harder to argue against by wrapping it in appeals to sexism and gang violence.

Official:
    "The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Honourable Marco
    Mendicino, Minister of Public Safety, today announced a temporary import ban on the importation of restricted handguns. This will help bring the ultimate impact of the national handgun freeze into force sooner. This temporary ban means that individuals and businesses will no longer be able to import handguns into Canada, subject to narrow exceptions that mirror those in Bill C-21. These restrictions will take effect on August 19th, 2022, and will last until the national freeze comes into force."

Translation:
    We're upset that our announcement of our disarmament program alerted citizens who then tried to circumvent it. Our bad.

Official:
    "No single program or initiative can tackle the challenge of gun violence on its own. That is why Bill C-21 and the national freeze on handguns are two of the many elements in the Government’s comprehensive plan to keep Canadians safe. "

Translation:
    Expect more disarmament to follow.

Official:
    "This begins at our borders, where we’ve added resources to fight smuggling and stop guns from coming into Canada. We’re also investing in prevention programs to tackle the root causes of gun crime and stop it before it starts. Finally, we banned assault-style weapons like AR15s, and will soon begin a buyback program to get these weapons of war out of our communities once and for all."

Translation:
    We REALLY don't want our disarmament agenda interrupted so we're going to shield ourselves using the language and arguments of our opponents to make us harder to criticize.
    Well translated and I cant argue on any of those points. We're dicked.
    I like to poke holes in paper like it personally wronged me.

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeater40 View Post
    Great news, no more illegal hand guns can be smuggled into country.
    Such a joke

Yeah, I feel sooo much safer now. /S

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Freeze View Post
    "The import ban announced today will help to keep guns stay off our streets..."

So miss-leading to the public that its embarrassing to admit this is my countries Government in action.
    Even more embarrassing is the sheer number of people believing these lies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    So does canadian made handguns exists?
    Dlask Arms
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

It states it's banning ownership as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Hmmmm.
    I thought OIC's required 30 days notice to the public.
    LOOOL you expected rules and limitations on power to be adhered to? Clearly you have not been following this government.