Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Importation Ban: Effective August 19 22

Quote Originally Posted by Painkillers View Post
    The PC's reversed the retarded mentality of registering non-restricted firearms. Actually, they interfered in the Liberal's long game I believe. The Liberal's wanted ALL firearms registered and accounted for, so their confiscation by coercion would be total.
    Yeah I know, I also remember the controversy that followed when it was found that the RCMP kept the records (as evidenced by the High River 2013 incident). It still didn’t expand on the freedoms to firearm ownership.

apologies if this has already been addressed or asked earlier in the thread, but has there been any indication of an import ban on handgun parts as well? Reason I ask is that I seen in the following link on page 76 that they were making a fuss about firearm parts being imported from the U.S.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Content/Co...securp03-e.pdf
    CSSA - CCFR - NFA - GOA

"Lex iniusta non est lex" - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    apologies if this has already been addressed or asked earlier in the thread, but has there been any indication of an import ban on handgun parts as well? Reason I ask is that I seen in the following link on page 76 that they were making a fuss about firearm parts being imported from the U.S.

Entertaining reading, indeed! Thank you!

There is also this interesting thing that I found in the document:
    """
    Criminal defence lawyer Solomon Friedman argued that we need to ensure that “only licensed, background-checked and pre-screened individuals have the ability to possess not only completed firearms, but also potential firearms in whatever form.”328
    """
    Possibly, taken out of context?
    Last edited by monahov; 08-14-2022 at 10:40 PM.

CGN Regular

Wow, gave this a read and apparently buying a lot of gun parts will land you in suspicion of manufacturing illegal firearms. That is quite a stretch.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Also, notice the proposals of limits on ammo acquisition and possession.

CGN Regular
    It's pretty frustrating looking at the EE and seeing lots of "Brand new never fired" guns at ridiculous prices. It really seems like people are taking advantage of the panic to try and scalp sought after guns to make a quick buck. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    It's pretty frustrating looking at the EE and seeing lots of "Brand new never fired" guns at ridiculous prices. It really seems like people are taking advantage of the panic to try and scalp sought after guns to make a quick buck. Very sad.
    Nobody makes a quick buck on something that doesn’t sell… I’ll pass on something that’s priced too high and I’m sure others will as well. If it does sell, I guess it wasn’t too high after all or the seller agreed to a lower offer.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    You could always offer a realistic price. Aint no x5 legion worth $3k. Offer $1500.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

With all due respect to Wolverine and the one gun club, I notice they met with none of the gun organizations (CCFR, CSSA etc.)
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Yeah I know, I also remember the controversy that followed when it was found that the RCMP kept the records (as evidenced by the High River 2013 incident). It still didn’t expand on the freedoms to firearm ownership.

I have to agree with you on this one, buy as many as humanly possible because I think if this thing passes, it will never be reversed. Think about it, this happened before, nearly every long gun got banned in 94 I think after Poly. They never came back, even with a PC majority True Blue politician (Harper). So I think with handguns, this is it folks, buy it (not cheap) and stack it deep, its over.