Thread: Will there be an Aug 15th 3rd party import?

Will there be an Aug 15th 3rd party import?

I'm not sure how the import paperwork works...is trying to get a 3rd party import in under the wire a waste of time?

At this point, yes.

Unless it's different than the process I've been told, the transfer into your name has to be complete before the firearm can cross the border so it will be stuck out of country until after the 19th as I have not confirmed but hear the RCMP is still working on early June registrations.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by amattera View Post
    Unless it's different than the process I've been told, the transfer into your name has to be complete before the firearm can cross the border so it will be stuck out of country until after the 19th as I have not confirmed but hear the RCMP is still working on early June registrations.
    That's not exactly how it works. I've used their 3rd party import service earlier, and the firearms were imported and stored in their Canadian facility long before my transfer was approved.

So when is the transfer actually started in our name before or after the firearm is actually imported in to the country?

Thank you to anyone that can put some input here.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BEL-AIR View Post
    So when is the transfer actually started in our name before or after the firearm is actually imported in to the country?
    This is what they've said before - the transfer should be initiated before the actual import:

You guys aren't getting it. Aug 19th is the date it must be in the country, if your transfer was started earlier and on the 19th it's in Arizona, it will be staying in Arizona. The transfer initiated thing only applied to them not issuing certificates, if it was started you were good to go. Gun could come later. Now they have blocked import. Totally different.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
    You guys aren't getting it. Aug 19th is the date it must be in the country, if your transfer was started earlier and on the 19th it's in Arizona, it will be staying in Arizona. The transfer initiated thing only applied to them not issuing certificates, if it was started you were good to go. Gun could come later. Now they have blocked import. Totally different.
    Not in the country......the shipment MUST clear customs before the 19th. So I would think the 15-16 is the real cut off date for arriving in the Country

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    I'm not sure how the import paperwork works...is trying to get a 3rd party import in under the wire a waste of time?
    There are too many moving wheels outside IRG control. I would not even bother trying. It most likely won’t make it here. And plus, you have to ask IRG if their $200 import fee is refundable if the gun didn’t make it across. That’s their processing fee and once they started the import process, I don’t think it is refundable.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

As long as they apply for the import permit before the cutoff of Aug 19th 2022. Since after aug 19th their will be no more importing permits issued...

But if you applied for an import permit on aug 18th 2022 or earlier it is still ok if the gun arrives at latter date into the country. But after aug 19th 2022 their will be no more import permits issued.

So guns will be coming after Aug 19th 2022 as long as the import permit was issued before this date.

This is how I read it.