Thread: Taurus TX22 Mags

BANNED

Taurus TX22 Mags

Hey all,

I just took a look and these were on the site.

https://www.irunguns.ca/product_detail.php?p=taurus-tx22-10-round-magazine-22-long-rifle-steel-black-finish

https://www.irunguns.ca/product_detail.php?p=taurus-tx22-16-round-magazine-22-long-rifle-polymer-black-finish

I have been waiting for these, I am sure others have been waiting too!

Cheers!

Thanks! I've been waiting too. Just ordered a bunch.

Thnxx for the heads up,grabbed a bunch!!
    Where a rescue team,not assassins!!

GunNutz
    Thanks for the pointer, polymer 10/10 mags still available.

I haven't got mine yet - Does the pistol ship with the 10/10 mags or the 10/16 mags? And how many?
    Last edited by alpining; 08-21-2022 at 07:18 PM.

GunNutz
    Received the pistol and can answer my own question: It came with two polymer body 10/10 magazines.
    Last edited by alpining; 08-21-2022 at 07:07 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alpining View Post
    Received the pistol and can answer my own question: It comes with two metal body magazines (10/10).
    Thoughts on the pistol? Any pictures?

GunNutz
    I like it a lot so far. Just in terms of 22LR "duty format" handguns, I've owned GSG 1911-22, Sig 226-22, S&W M&P22, and Glock 44. I definitely prefer the feel and ergonomics of the TX-22. Now that I write out that list, I notice that it's the only one of the bunch that was actually designed as a 22LR, rather than modifying a centerfire format for 22LR. Maybe that has something to do with it. Or maybe it's just coincidence, and personal preference trumps all in terms of feel.

The trigger is easily the best factory striker-fired handgun trigger I've come across, centerfire included (but I haven't tried any Walthers).

GunNutz
    Since this thread is about the magazines:

The mags are very nicely built, especially by 22LR pistol standards. EDIT: They are polymer body. They seem very tough, I actually thought they were metal when I first looked at them. Solid design and construction. They don't choke on the last round like many limited capacity magazines do. These are limited to 10 by both the length of the slot cut in the body where the follower tabs travel and a stub on the baseplate retainer. Smart design.

Easily loaded to capacity exactly the same way you would thumb-load centerfire pistol mags. Or use the supplied mag loading tool if you have hand mobility issues. Using the follower tabs (called the "magazine loading button" in the manual) is unnecessary and seems to cause issues - Recommend you ignore the manual's loading instructions.
    Last edited by alpining; 08-21-2022 at 07:20 PM.

BANNED
    Just got my mags! Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by True Jebus View Post
    Just got my mags! Thanks guys!!
    can you confirm if they are actually metal body, as i have 3 polymer ones and they have all developed a crack at the rear after 2.5 years of use

thanks