Down to the last 2!
    Any left? Or am I too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Any left? Or am I too late?
    Did you try ordering one online?

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Did you try ordering one online?
    Thanks for your help - Yes, I did.

When I clicked the link earlier it went to a "404" type page on Tactical Imports site, hence the question here.

When I click on the link now I get a "Sold Out" notification on the Laugo Alien page of Tactical Imports site so I guess that clears that up.

I hear this gun will shoot just as good as my Yeet! cannon.

I was SOOO CLOSE to buying the last one last night but I couldn't decide whether to drop that much $$$ into just ONE gun

I already have these competition guns:

Shadow 2 Blue
    Shadow 2 Orange
    TS 2 Racing Green (two of them actually)
    TS 2 Silver
    Canik SPx Rival

So $6000 on an Alien seemed very unnecessary given what I already have (I'll be selling the TS 2 Silver btw)

Anyways my two friends talked me out of it. One of them is like a Wikipedia when it comes to knowing almost everything there is to know about every modern handgun. The other is an competitive international shooter. Laugo Arms tried VERY HARD to sponsor him with the Alien but he declined. During the demo, he shot ~4000 rounds through it and the only bad things he really had to say about the gun were:

1. It gets too hot to touch/fire after ~200-250 rounds of moderately paced shooting (this is because it's gas blowback operated but also because your hand is so close to the barrel when you grip it)
    2. It needs to be THOROUGHLY cleaned every ~700-800 shots because after that it'll seize up from all the carbon buildup (also because it's gas blowback operated)

For these 2 main reasons, a lot of HIGH-LEVEL competitive shooters have to have 2 of these guns running all the time (there is no 'backup' gun for practice, they literally have to compete and practice with 2 guns all the time)

For my friend, these 2 main things meant he didn't want to compete with it. He said his race gun is just as good for him (and half the price). But he did say the Alien is a really cool gun and it does have a lot of benefits to it

For me, it really came down to do I really want to spend this much on a gun just because it's cool and new? If I was a millionaire, I'd have bought it instantly. But I've already spent almost $20k on handguns just these last 2 weeks so to spend another $6000 on an Alien was pretty hard for me to justify (even if I sold my S2 Blue, TS2 Silver, and or one of my TS2 Racing Greens to do it). I'm really trying to keep two Shadow 2s and two TS2s because I'd like a backup of each gun

But damn it, I'm still second-guessing my decision

This is one of those guns where I regret not buying it but I'd also regret buying it haha
    Last edited by Sawyer2010; 08-11-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer2010 View Post
    I was SOOO CLOSE to buying the last one last night but I couldn't decide whether to drop that much $$$ into just ONE gun

Shadow 2 Blue
    Shadow 2 Orange
    TS 2 Silver
    Canik SPx Rival

So $6000 on an Alien seemed very unnecessary given what I already have (I'll be selling the TS 2 Silver btw)

Anyways my two friends talked me out of it. One of them is like a wikipedia when it comes to knowing almost everything about every modern handgun. The other is an competitive international shooter. Laugo Arms tried VERY HARD to sponsor him with the Alien but he declined. During the demo, he shot ~4000 rounds through it and the only bad things he really had to say about the gun were:

1. It gets too hot to touch/fire after ~200-250 rounds of moderately paced shooting (this is because it's gas blowback operated but also because your hand is so close to the barrel when you grip it)
    2. It needs to be THOROUGHLY cleaned every ~700-800 shots because after that it'll seize up from all the carbon buildup (also because it's gas blowback operated)

For these 2 main reasons, a lot of HIGH-LEVEL competitive shooters have to have 2 of these guns running all the time (there is no 'backup' gun for practice, they literally have to compete and practice with 2 guns all the time)

For my friend, these 2 main things meant he didn't want to compete with it. He said his Shadow 2 Orange is just as good for him. But he did say it's a really cool gun and it does have a lot of benefits to it

For me, it really came down to do I really want to spend this much on a gun just because it's cool and new? If I was a millionaire, I'd have bought it instantly. But I've already spent almost $20k on handguns just these last 2 weeks so to spend another $6000 on an Alien was pretty hard for me to justify (even if I sold my S2 Blue, TS2 Silver, and or one of my TS2 Racing Greens to do it). I'm really trying to keep two Shadow 2s and two TS2s because I'd like a backup of each gun

This is one of those guns where I regret not buying it but I'd also regret buying it haha
    I have 2 of them

1 I use in competitions
    1 back up incase it breaks

Easily shot over 15k rounds now no issues ever.

It doesn't get that hot and there is carbon build up, but I clean it frequently enough. Few times it got over 1k rounds and no issues.

I also have shadows and those are retired.

Sharing my experience for those who are interested in the gun buy it and Don't look back. Its only money, and lots of ways to make it

Quote Originally Posted by meadowroo View Post
    I have 2 of them

1 I use in competitions
    1 back up incase it breaks

Easily shot over 15k rounds now no issues ever.

It doesn't get that hot and there is carbon build up, but I clean it frequently enough. Few times it got over 1k rounds and no issues.

I also have shadows and those are retired.

Sharing my experience for those who are interested in the gun buy it and Don't look back. Its only money, and lots of ways to make it
    Lucky you! I was moving some things around and tried checking one out this morning only to find out it was OOS haha. Enjoy this beautiful and functional art piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer2010 View Post

Shadow 2 Blue
    Shadow 2 Orange
    TS 2 Silver
    Canik SPx Rival

Anyways my two friends talked me out of it. One of them is like a wikipedia when it comes to knowing almost everything about every modern handgun. The other is an competitive international shooter. Laugo Arms tried VERY HARD to sponsor him with the Alien but he declined. During the demo, he shot ~4000 rounds through it and the only bad things he really had to say about the gun were:

For my friend, these 2 main things meant he didn't want to compete with it. He said his race gun is just as good for him (and half the price). But he did say the Alien is a really cool gun and it does have a lot of benefits to it

Well, I placed the order for the second one as soon as I saw the ad... It will be a spare in case breaks a part during a match.

Never had heating issues. I clean my gun after 1000 rounds now, I had that seizing happened to me around 2000 rounds...

Any luck with transfers? Seems like RCMP web service is non-responsive...

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Any luck with transfers? Seems like RCMP web service is non-responsive...
    We're still waiting on approvals from our last Bersa shipment in June
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast