Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Laugo Arms ALIEN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer2010 View Post
    I was SOOO CLOSE to buying the last one last night but I couldn't decide whether to drop that much $$$ into just ONE gun

I already have these competition guns:

Shadow 2 Blue
    Shadow 2 Orange
    TS 2 Racing Green (two of them actually)
    TS 2 Silver
    Canik SPx Rival

So $6000 on an Alien seemed very unnecessary given what I already have (I'll be selling the TS 2 Silver btw)

Anyways my two friends talked me out of it. One of them is like a Wikipedia when it comes to knowing almost everything there is to know about every modern handgun. The other is an competitive international shooter. Laugo Arms tried VERY HARD to sponsor him with the Alien but he declined. During the demo, he shot ~4000 rounds through it and the only bad things he really had to say about the gun were:

1. It gets too hot to touch/fire after ~200-250 rounds of moderately paced shooting (this is because it's gas blowback operated but also because your hand is so close to the barrel when you grip it)
    2. It needs to be THOROUGHLY cleaned every ~700-800 shots because after that it'll seize up from all the carbon buildup (also because it's gas blowback operated)

For these 2 main reasons, a lot of HIGH-LEVEL competitive shooters have to have 2 of these guns running all the time (there is no 'backup' gun for practice, they literally have to compete and practice with 2 guns all the time)

For my friend, these 2 main things meant he didn't want to compete with it. He said his race gun is just as good for him (and half the price). But he did say the Alien is a really cool gun and it does have a lot of benefits to it

For me, it really came down to do I really want to spend this much on a gun just because it's cool and new? If I was a millionaire, I'd have bought it instantly. But I've already spent almost $20k on handguns just these last 2 weeks so to spend another $6000 on an Alien was pretty hard for me to justify (even if I sold my S2 Blue, TS2 Silver, and or one of my TS2 Racing Greens to do it). I'm really trying to keep two Shadow 2s and two TS2s because I'd like a backup of each gun

But damn it, I'm still second-guessing my decision

This is one of those guns where I regret not buying it but I'd also regret buying it haha
    I would've sold off my doubles and bought one of these + a parts kit. This with a backup shadow2 orange and a TS2 would make for a nice, competition selection.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

I just picked up a TS 2 Bronze as well for a good price

The Alien is just too expensive. It doesn't make sense for me to spend THAT much on just one gun when I already have so many others guns that are 1/2 the price and 99% as good

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I pounced on one of these and wanted to clarify what weight is the trigger on the last batch of Laugo Aliens you sold recently (Performance specifically)?

My understanding is that the trigger weight is governed by parts in the upper rail - I say this because you have a "SPARE UPPER RAIL WITH LIGHTWEIGHT TRIGGER" advertised on your site and it says this part reduces the trigger to 2.5lbs. Is the trigger weight governed by parts in the upper rail as I describe?

The advert also mentioned that "Additional parts and warranty support will be available in the future" - any idea on timeline? Gonna need mags for sure and a spare parts kit wouldn't hurt.
    Anyone @TacticalImports ?

Well, the trigger weight is definitely governed by the upper rail as the sear, hammer, and hammer spring are all part of the upper rail...

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Well, the trigger weight is definitely governed by the upper rail as the sear, hammer, and hammer spring are all part of the upper rail...
    I have emailed TI for clarification.

The thing I am most curious about is the trigger weight on the Performance Alien.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    The thing I am most curious about is the trigger weight on the Performance Alien.
    The standard trigger weight is about 4.5 lbs. AFAIK the only way to get a lighter trigger weight (2.5 lbs) is to purchase the lightweight trigger upper rail, which isn't included in any of the Alien packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinato View Post
    The standard trigger weight is about 4.5 lbs. AFAIK the only way to get a lighter trigger weight (2.5 lbs) is to purchase the lightweight trigger upper rail, which isn't included in any of the Alien packages.
    Thanks Shinato.

The lighter trigger is something I am interested in. Like you said it seems you can get the lighter trigger when you purchase the upper rail with red dot (one of the forum sponsors even has stock) but that is the rail where the dot doesn't move when the gun cycles (ie not legal in production - guessing it would only be legal in Open?)

Ideally I would like the lighter trigger in the regular irons only rail and maybe the IPSC production legal optics rail. The other optics rail, while cool, would be overkill (not sure it would be enough to be competitive with full on Open guns).

Anyways I have emailed TI with some questions.

They truly are great firearms!

Any chance we can get our reference numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Any chance we can get our reference numbers?
    Reply to your order confirmation email, ask nicely and youll get it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast