Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Laugo Arms ALIEN

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer2010 View Post
    I was SOOO CLOSE to buying the last one last night but I couldn't decide whether to drop that much $$$ into just ONE gun

I already have these competition guns:

Shadow 2 Blue
    Shadow 2 Orange
    TS 2 Racing Green (two of them actually)
    TS 2 Silver
    Canik SPx Rival

So $6000 on an Alien seemed very unnecessary given what I already have (I'll be selling the TS 2 Silver btw)

Anyways my two friends talked me out of it. One of them is like a Wikipedia when it comes to knowing almost everything there is to know about every modern handgun. The other is an competitive international shooter. Laugo Arms tried VERY HARD to sponsor him with the Alien but he declined. During the demo, he shot ~4000 rounds through it and the only bad things he really had to say about the gun were:

1. It gets too hot to touch/fire after ~200-250 rounds of moderately paced shooting (this is because it's gas blowback operated but also because your hand is so close to the barrel when you grip it)
    2. It needs to be THOROUGHLY cleaned every ~700-800 shots because after that it'll seize up from all the carbon buildup (also because it's gas blowback operated)

For these 2 main reasons, a lot of HIGH-LEVEL competitive shooters have to have 2 of these guns running all the time (there is no 'backup' gun for practice, they literally have to compete and practice with 2 guns all the time)

For my friend, these 2 main things meant he didn't want to compete with it. He said his race gun is just as good for him (and half the price). But he did say the Alien is a really cool gun and it does have a lot of benefits to it

For me, it really came down to do I really want to spend this much on a gun just because it's cool and new? If I was a millionaire, I'd have bought it instantly. But I've already spent almost $20k on handguns just these last 2 weeks so to spend another $6000 on an Alien was pretty hard for me to justify (even if I sold my S2 Blue, TS2 Silver, and or one of my TS2 Racing Greens to do it). I'm really trying to keep two Shadow 2s and two TS2s because I'd like a backup of each gun

But damn it, I'm still second-guessing my decision

This is one of those guns where I regret not buying it but I'd also regret buying it haha
    We haven't received any reports about overheating on the guns, and haven't experienced it first hand either. That being said, wouldn't that be a good thing in the winter

Gas port and piston does need to be cleaned every 1k, but should only take 10 mins and the Alien comes with a tool to do so

Honestly from first hand experience the Alien is like cheating, shouldn't be that easy to be so accurate. These routinely win production competitions, there were even cases where after IPSC reversed it's decision regarding the red dot (necessitating the IPSC retro kit) users took it into open class and were even competitive as-is.

All hope is not lost for those looking to pick one up, we have dealers across Canada that placed order with us back in Feb. we will be distributing to, so check with you local dealer to see if they had any on order. CRAFM is our Master Alien dealer and has ordered a good supply, they should be receiving in the next couple weeks
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

It is a pretty gun,but remember it’s not the gun,it’s the shooter that makes a good gun.

Hey guys , have you received a cargo already? Are we just waiting on transfers approval rn ?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescueman1961 View Post
    It is a pretty gun,but remember it’s not the gun,it’s the shooter that makes a good gun.
    You can't just drive a honda civic to a lambo car race and say "It is the driver that make the good race".............Alien is fundementally faster than regular handgun due to design.

We have two more units leftover after sorting order and running transfers. Up on site now Last chance!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We have two more units leftover after sorting order and running transfers. Up on site now Last chance!
    Down to one now with what I just did. What can I say, it's a unicorn.

I can't wait!! Even though the govt says we have no choice. Worth the wait no doubt!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Gone!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

I pounced on one of these and wanted to clarify what weight is the trigger on the last batch of Laugo Aliens you sold recently (Performance specifically)?

My understanding is that the trigger weight is governed by parts in the upper rail - I say this because you have a "SPARE UPPER RAIL WITH LIGHTWEIGHT TRIGGER" advertised on your site and it says this part reduces the trigger to 2.5lbs. Is the trigger weight governed by parts in the upper rail as I describe?

The advert also mentioned that "Additional parts and warranty support will be available in the future" - any idea on timeline? Gonna need mags for sure and a spare parts kit wouldn't hurt.

CGN Regular
    Since TI is sold out I don't feel bad posting that Soley has a couple for sale on their page (if TI is the importer then they came from them anyways). Here are the links;

Performance;

https://www.solelyoutdoors.com/laugo...l-blk-fde.html

Exclusive;

https://www.solelyoutdoors.com/laugo...m-package.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast