Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DoubleTap sports compromised my CC

The OP is just giving us a heads up to be on alert. No reason to slam him and telling him to suck it up and shut up. Read it if you want, take it for what it’s worth and move on. Two years ago i had a series of fraudulent activities on my cc that i pinpointed to a gas station I recently switched to. Every time i refuelled there, there were charges on my card that I never made. As i spoke to the cc company fraud department, i told them what pattern I observed and then moved on. I never refuelled there again.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    Got it. Just much easier to bark on the internet and point a finger. What does your CC provider have to say on the matter? Or you didn't bother to talk to them either? The fraudulent transaction was caught & stopped. Move on.
    another typical dealer-ass-kisser I have seen many times here.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    I have purchased from them many times, both online and phone in. Never had a problem.

I also personally deal with Josko, and Mav there, and wouldt question DTS integrity.

I would guess more the gas station or walmart.
    just because you didn't have the problem doesn't mean they are not a fraud.
    same logic, just because I had the problem doesn't mean they are a fraud.
    As i said, I am laying out the fact. I trust gas station and walmart more than a gun dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62mm View Post
    I highly doubt the owner of Double Tap sports would be complicit in this. I would be more distrustful of a gas station….IMHO!
    Agreed, especially at full service stations, they will double swipe your card to get the information.

CGN frequent flyer
    Happened to me several time ... a few times gas stations were clearly involved ..

but, twice in a row with one of the firearms seller ...

both times had to replace CCs ... not a huge but still pain in the azz ...
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabol View Post
    The OP is just giving us a heads up to be on alert. No reason to slam him and telling him to suck it up and shut up. Read it if you want, take it for what it’s worth and move on. Two years ago i had a series of fraudulent activities on my cc that i pinpointed to a gas station I recently switched to. Every time i refuelled there, there were charges on my card that I never made. As i spoke to the cc company fraud department, i told them what pattern I observed and then moved on. I never refuelled there again.
    it's a very typical mentality here that every time a slightest hint on a dealer's bad dealing can cause lots of backfiring and bashing on the person who raised the doubt, no matter what situation is.
    I knew this would happen when I was typing in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    not sure where to put this information because there is no dedicated forum for this dealer.

What happened is that I have a visa used for only 3 things: Gas (4-5 times a month, only at 2-3 gas stations), groceries (about 10 times a month, 3-5 different big stores like Walmart, no-frills, sobeys...etc), and Netflix (one a month auto charge).
    This card was used for this 3 types of purchases for the last 1 year or so, until 1 month ago I made a purchase online at DoubleTap sport. What they did was asking me to enter the card number and the very next day they provided an updated invoice with updated shipping cost. This process seems to be manual.

Anyhow, today a purchase of more than $16,000 at a jewellery store located in Germany was attempted to this card. And of course it's blocked. Nothing was damaged.

So I am just laying out the fact to caution you guys. You make the judgment if DoubleTap sports intentionally sold my cc or unwittingly leaked it.
    A heads up was I made a purchase at Double tap and then notice something strange after, so check your statement. But accusing of them selling your info is not a heads up. Without proof, you are slandering them.

I dealt with them before and had no weird CC charges. That not ass kissing.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by M&P 40 View Post
    Agreed, especially at full service stations, they will double swipe your card to get the information.
    jut to be clear, I never use the cc at the gas station counter. It's linked to an app on the phone, the phone located the gas pump and paid from there. I didn't even need to take out my cc to fill the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    jut to be clear, I never use the cc at the gas station counter. It's linked to an app on the phone, the phone located the gas pump and paid from there. I didn't even need to take out my cc to fill the gas.
    You mean the Chinese app? with tones of spyware and trackers. Mom had a Grocery store sell her info.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    A heads up was I made a purchase at Double tap and then notice something strange after, so check your statement. But accusing of them selling your info is not a heads up. Without proof, you are slandering them.

I dealt with them before and had no weird CC charges. That not ass kissing.
    I am laying out the fact and inducing the possible cause, you make your own judgment. How is it an accusing?
    As I said just because you dealt with them before without problems doesn't make them model citizens. you don't have proof of that either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast