Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staccato pistols in stock

All u need is the new Staccato XC one and done. This pistol once acquired has moved people to sell their other Stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescueman1961 View Post
    All u need is the new Staccato XC one and done. This pistol once acquired has moved people to sell their other Stacks.
    Yeah I was heavily debating of going with the STI Omni at the time and now heavily regret I didn’t spend the extra coin for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazeil View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, I believe it's all about managing your expectations. I've got a few friends who own Staccatos and they all perform extraordinarily. I've shot them on numerous occasions and they always leave a smile on my face haha.

I own multiple Nighthawk Customs and Wilson Combats as a comparison. While the Staccatos don't have the same level of refinement and are not as smooth, I find them to be just as accurate and reliable. Especially considering that all of these firearms outshoot me.

One thing I will say is that since the Staccatos are marketed as "Duty Guns" there's a sort of ruggedness that has become synonymous with the Staccato brand. Unlike my Nighthawks or Wilson's where I'm constantly counting rounds and changing springs to maintain its peak performance, the Staccato is much more lenient. So long as I do basic maintenance I do not worry about having to replace any springs every 1500 rounds.
    Let’s see some pics of your Nighthawks and Wilson combats !

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSurrey45 View Post
    1500 rounds? Is that really what it takes to keep a high end 1911 / 2011 running?

I have an itch for a 2011 which I think it going to go unscratched thanks to Lloyd Trudeau in Ottawa. If the ban weren't a thing and money were no object I would do a build from Atlas (really like their stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSurrey45 View Post
    I'd love to! But I don't think I'm allowed to post pics on this business thread. When I get home I'll post them in the 1911 thread and tag you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    1500 rounds? Is that really what it takes to keep a high end 1911 / 2011 running?

I have an itch for a 2011 which I think it going to go unscratched thanks to Lloyd Trudeau in Ottawa. If the ban weren't a thing and money were no object I would do a build from Atlas (really like their stuff).
    Yeah that's what both NHC and Wilson recommend for their commander sized 1911s. I don't really follow the 1500 rule myself though. I replace the old springs with new ones after 1500 rounds, let them rest, then reinstall them on the next rotation haha. I've spoken to a few NHC reps and even they don't follow the 1500 rule.

I looked for months for an Atlas Nyx/Athena but I'd either have to wait for a year or pay the hefty Gunbroker markup. After waiting years for my NHCs I got a bit impatient. I wasn't really sold on 2011s at the time either. Due to Turdeau's announcement my curiosity was reignited. In the end I really just wanted the Staccato over the Atlas due to budgetary and time constraints haha.
    Last edited by Rhazeil; 08-12-2022 at 11:30 PM.

I'd love to! But I don't think I'm allowed to post pics on this business thread. When I get home I'll post them in the 1911 thread and tag you!
    Cool man, I always love seeing those 1911s. Modern art

Yeah that's what both NHC and Wilson recommend for their commander sized 1911s. I don't really follow the 1500 rule myself though. I replace the old springs with new ones after 1500 rounds, let them rest, then reinstall them on the next rotation haha. I've spoken to a few NHC reps and even they don't follow the 1500 rule.

I looked for months for an Atlas Nyx/Athena but I'd either have to wait for a year or pay the hefty Gunbroker markup. After waiting years for my NHCs I got a bit impatient. I wasn't really sold on 2011s at the time either. Due to Turdeau's announcement my curiosity was reignited. In the end I really just wanted the Staccato over the Atlas due to budgetary and time constraints haha.
    I`m sure you will be very happy.

I`m heavily invested in 9mm so would want a 2011 in 9mm but that would put it at a disadvantage in IPSC (be fine for 3 gun though).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12