Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hk p7 nickle

Quote Originally Posted by can14 View Post
    R Nichol’s took a number of the RCMP ERT 226’s in trade and sent them all to SIG for armour rebuilding and frame replacement
    ERT had issues with some of the frame’s developing cracks, so SIG replaced them
    I have one of those, 1984 birthdate, outshoots every Sig P226 I've owned even my last one I collected SAO rail frame. I bought it for $600 with 2 mags in the original box with the red velvety padded interior (old school sexy lol) back in about 1995. The research I did about these pointed to a crate of ammo the RCMP acquired from the Armed Forces QM's. This ball ammo was 9mm loaded specifically for use in sub-machine guns like Sterlings firing from an open bolt not sidearms because it was way too hot. It was so old they probably got it for a bag of pucks and a flag. I've fired a few vintage 9mm rounds from 1943 and a little later that had no NATO circle-crosshairs on the headstamp and it was easy to tell they were wicked hot. Sorted them all out into an ammo can of their own for use only in my 2 PCC's.

Btt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax6.6 View Post
    I have one of those, 1984 birthdate, outshoots every Sig P226 I've owned even my last one I collected SAO rail frame. I bought it for $600 with 2 mags in the original box with the red velvety padded interior (old school sexy lol) back in about 1995. The research I did about these pointed to a crate of ammo the RCMP acquired from the Armed Forces QM's. This ball ammo was 9mm loaded specifically for use in sub-machine guns like Sterlings firing from an open bolt not sidearms because it was way too hot. It was so old they probably got it for a bag of pucks and a flag. I've fired a few vintage 9mm rounds from 1943 and a little later that had no NATO circle-crosshairs on the headstamp and it was easy to tell they were wicked hot. Sorted them all out into an ammo can of their own for use only in my 2 PCC's.
    9mm Ball Cdn Mk I is used in our handguns. This is the round that was originally designed to be used in sub-machine guns. It is zippy but not destructive.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    These things are sold in EU for around 600 Euros. I had a plan to import two with a friend who lives in Germany and would have brought them with him for a visit.

The money is where it all fell through.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    These things are sold in EU for around 600 Euros. I had a plan to import two with a friend who lives in Germany and would have brought them with him for a visit.

The money is where it all fell through.
    Problem with importing these is that they can easily become a prohibited firearm depending on how the barrel length is measured. If you look at FRT, there are P7s that are restricted and there are P7s that are prohibited. Both are actually the same gun, it's just that someone measured it 105mm or less ... Spec sheet shows the barrel length as 105mm, which makes it prohibited (s.12(6.1): handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or less)...

I was planning to bring one from the US but decided not to due to the above...

Then again, this is a moot point at the moment as we can't import any firearm...
    Last edited by aakoksal; 09-07-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Btt

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Problem with importing these is that they can easily become a prohibited firearm depending on how the barrel length is measured. If you look at FRT, there are P7s that are restricted and there are P7s that are prohibited. Both are actually the same gun, it's just that someone measured it 105mm or less ... Spec sheet shows the barrel length as 105mm, which makes it prohibited (s.12(6.1): handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or less)...

I was planning to bring one from the US but decided not to due to the above...

Then again, this is a moot point at the moment as we can't import any firearm...

Yup all P7’s are restricted even the ones incorrectly registered as prohib. Here my story on the P7’s having owned a few over the years. About 10 years ago I bought three from Murray Charlton (estate sale) two M13 and new in the box M8. For $2700 for all of them. They were registered as prohibited. Walked into his shop on a S&W fix and saw them under the glass counter, I told him I’ll take em all. He said did I have 12.6, I said nope, then he said you can’t buy them. I said, measure them again, then a light bulb turned on and he said ####, knowing he could sell them for more if they were restricted. Anyway he got them reclassified into restricted and I got them cheap. Like a dummy I sold them off, but happen to get a mint M13 about a year ago. All is good. Wished I keep the M8.

My P7M13 got reclassed to just restricted :-)
    --
    We need another Conservative majority NOW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12