Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh boy I got my Scorpio Bolt Action Rifle 22lr 13 today, beautiful

Super GunNutz
    Looks fantastic.

Anyone know the thread pitch on these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
    Looks fantastic.

Anyone know the thread pitch on these guys?
    It's not a standard thread pitch -- believe it may be 1/2x20 thread pitch.
    You'll need an adaptor to go to a more standard 1/2-28 thread pitch.
    Although there is some debate whether this new "shortie" is the same as the original.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

1/2-20

Shot a few tonight at 50y. Best seems to be a 3grp .39"/.78 MOA
    (Circles are 1.25" inside with a .34 dot)
    Last edited by Jahnj0584; 08-19-2022 at 09:34 PM.
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jahnj0584 View Post
    Set mine up tonight. Range tomorrow!

Had to steal rings from my 308, I have some here but forget that I would be using the weaver rail.....Threw on the NIB Diamondback 2-7x32 Rimfire that I got off the EE for 150$!

Tempted to get some of the "quick release" rings with the toggle clamp so I can swap out to a Red dot for squirrel hunting in the fall, throw this back on for targets. Have to sleep on it.

My rail was under the foam where the rest of the barrel was supposed to be. I got a 2nd mag for "free" by buying through FOC.

Do you find the stock cheek rest to be sufficiently high enough with the scope setup?

I have the original with longer barrel, which is equipped with iron sights, but even with the irons, that cheek rest already seems a bit low.

With the added height of the rail & scope, I immagine that my head would deffinitelly be floating in the air with zero cheek contact, if I wanted to get a proper sight picture.
    At least on mine anyway...maybe the short barreled ones are setup differently?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Do you find the stock cheek rest to be sufficiently high enough with the scope setup?

I have the original with longer barrel, which is equipped with iron sights, but even with the irons, that cheek rest already seems a bit low.

With the added height of the rail & scope, I immagine that my head would deffinitelly be floating in the air with zero cheek contact, if I wanted to get a proper sight picture.
    At least on mine anyway...maybe the short barreled ones are setup differently?
    These are the same gun except they relabelled the receivers with X, added a longer bolt knob, cut the barrel and didn't add irons. My jawbone is what's resting on the stock. My intent was always to make a wooden stock for it later.
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hifiwasabi View Post
    Looks like a very handy little rifle. Any range reports yet?
    I’ve gotten one recently and it does not seem to consistently hit to my point of aim. tried different scopes, different ammo, and no luck. bedding issue? but the barrel is free floated. maybe receiver bedding? that’s next in my hopes to accurize it.

1.5 inch groups at 30yds does not do much for me.

For what it’s worth, It feels like a well built gun, maybe i just have a lemon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunpartsgent View Post
    I’ve gotten one recently and it does not seem to consistently hit to my point of aim. tried different scopes, different ammo, and no luck. bedding issue? but the barrel is free floated. maybe receiver bedding? that’s next in my hopes to accurize it.

1.5 inch groups at 30yds does not do much for me.

For what it’s worth, It feels like a well built gun, maybe i just have a lemon.
    You need to bed the action. I had the previous, long barreled rifle, and the receiver could move back and forth about 1mm; JB weld plastic did the trick. it shot like a laser; but I replaced it with an old CIL Anschutz for open sights.
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Are mags available?
    They are sold at High Caliber, last I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    You need to bed the action. I had the previous, long barreled rifle, and the receiver could move back and forth about 1mm; JB weld plastic did the trick. it shot like a laser; but I replaced it with an old CIL Anschutz for open sights.

Will do. Thanks

Got mine Wednesday and took it out with a $30 4x from the pawn shop on it. Best group was .35 inch at 20 yards with AE 40 gr std vel. Definitely a little shooter but will heed the bedding advice and swap out the scope.
    Slava Ukraini! Heroyam Slava!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast