Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can I Import Already Registered Firearms Now?

The import ban ends when the new law comes into effect(whenever that is)
    They won't permanently ban imports as somebody's gonna need to import something from those who are exempt from the coming ban, like carry permit holders.
    Where would the police get their guns

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler1993 View Post
    Where would the police get their guns
    Hopefully some place like France.

If you’re bringing up a US gun and it’s never been registered in Canada, this is exactly the same situation as if you wanted to buy a new gun in the US and want to import it.

You’ll need to get an (DSP5) export licenced ffl to do your permanent export paperwork. If the item is NFA you’ll need ATF form 9 and approval before you can export. You’ll need to do an export check by cbp before you come back.

Canadian side, the gun should have a FRN associated with it. If it doesn’t exist in the FRT, it’ll need to be sent in for determination. You’ll need to get an ATT from the poe to your home.

You never read his first post ?
    I presume it was bought at gunbroker or some such place.
    I think just try to get hold of a importer, mind you , as you already own the guns and they are registered to you,
    you could go and pick them up? some one should know, I haven't dealt with this for many yrs.
    Try Clay at P. River it you have not talked to him. Looks like you did talk to him, you said the paperwork is already done , on this end?
    You told them that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doglasa View Post
    Non US residents (alien) cannot take possession of a firearm. Unless i have US citizenship this would be illegal as far as my research goes.
    Where are the guns now? With a FFL or a private individual?

I think you are caught in a very tricky situation.

You cannot just drive it across, because you are not licensed and therefore cannot have export permit for it. That's why FFL and licensed exporter are in place doing business.

Import ban is also not very clear, and I don't think any 3rd party importer will touch it because it is probable your items will end up in no man land and get bounced back, becoming a nightmare for the US exporter to manage.

If your items are still sitting at the FFL somewhere in the US, it maybe better to figure out how to de-register it from yourself and sell them, other than turning it into a potential nightmare. You only have like 3 or 4 working days left, it will not be possible to do anything about it. Instead you should just wait til the ban comes in, and see what definite answer can come out for your situation. You definitely do not want to try something, and risk having these items end up in limbo somewhere in some bonded warehouse.

At least if they are still sitting at the FFL, you can sell them back to the US.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

The OP started this wrong. He should have the gun imported and then registered by IRG or the importer he would have chosen back then.
    Thats the way it worked for all handgun I got imported by IRG.
    The first bad move was to buy without passing by the importer and follow the way it should be done.
    Having the gun waiting in the US for the Canadian registration was the second bad move.

Now the OP is screwed up. Way out, is to sell the guns in the US and stop trying to fix an unfixable situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12