Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrong rifle sent, no refund

I am glad I stopped buying or selling firearms in April 2022
    Got what I need - focusing on other interests - I for one would be upset if I got scammed - hopefully your friend isn't Foc'kd with FOC

I bought a 1301 shotgun from FOC about 1.5 years ago and they sent me the wrong model. I emailed them and they send me a label to send back and shipped me the new one

I've only dealt with FOC once (and it was positive), but people already seem to be getting "edgy" in this post.

As someone mention in an earlier post, could have been a new guy working.
    Firstly, how long ago did the gun arrive ?
    Second, how long ago did your friend make first contact with FOC ?
    Third, has he contacted them only the time ?

It could be early in the story and the appropriate person at FOC may not even be aware of this problem.
    Buy once and cry once. Sometimes half measures cost twice as much.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

More and more FOC comes up in a negative light.....I myself have only had one experience with them and never ever would I deal with them again eeeever....buyers beware.
    Instagram 👉 chesterfieldfox

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Really? Why on earth would I post this if it wasn’t real? I have been a contributing member here since 2008.
    Don't worry, on this board there will always have gun company lovers, gun model lovers, gun caliber lovers, gun store lovers, complaining member haters...
    CCFR, NFA and CPC member.

... load one, skip one, load four...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    The firearms community is tight knit, my friend travels to shooting competitions and trust me if this isn’t made right this will hurt this business. How can you be a firearms company and not honour what you sell?
    You might be surprised at how little impact something like this has on a business . Just a blip on the radar that will be forgotten by most in a few hours ...and life goes on .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Have your friend do a CC chargeback. He didn't get the item he purchased. FOC will notice then I'm sure - especially if he waits for them to request the return of the rifle and then the ball is in his court.

Look under section 13, unsolicited goods

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/02c30#BK14

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey1973 View Post
    I've only dealt with FOC once (and it was positive), but people already seem to be getting "edgy" in this post.

As someone mention in an earlier post, could have been a new guy working.
    Firstly, how long ago did the gun arrive ?
    Second, how long ago did your friend make first contact with FOC ?
    Third, has he contacted them only the time ?

It could be early in the story and the appropriate person at FOC may not even be aware of this problem.
    He opened the box, immediately knew it was the wrong rifle, called them, they requested pics which he immediately sent, and they told him basically to pound salt….but like I said maybe it was someone new working there, I can’t see someone who has worked there and deals with lots of customers in a daily basis doing something like this, he even volunteered to pay for shipping to make it right.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    See 16.... plus others
    Always pay with Visa card etc

If you check Visa policy’s you will see that the store refund policy has no bearing on the issue
    Correct goods received in perfect order or money refunded

Your friend needs to call them and have a polite firm conversation with them

Unfortunately many clerks are not kept apprised of this by store owners and so just quote the store policy, which in most cases scares away the customer.
    I had this very issue with a sponsor here, they started out with “store policy “ and we finished up with them sending me a shipping label to return it for full refund
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast