Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idiot's Guide to Ordering Accessories from iRunGuns' US website

CGN frequent flyer CanuckShooter's Avatar

Idiot's Guide to Ordering Accessories from iRunGuns' US website

I've looked though the stickies and I haven't been able to find a dumbed down, step by step explanation for ordering from IrunGuns' US website. I'm just looking to order some magazines (unavailable on the CDN site), and I'm not 100% familiar with the process. If I have overlooked a start to finish guide somewhere I apologize.

So from what I understand, I place my order on their US website and a $25USD shipping fee will be added to my order at checkout. This shipping fee covers the shipping from USA to Canada. Then once their next importation day comes along and my order arrives in Canada, I have to pay 5% GST only, plus shipping from AB to wherever I live. Is this correct? If so, do I get an email notification when my order arrives in Canada telling me my payment is now due? Also, is there any way to find out in advance how much shipping will be from AB to me?

Thanks

GunNutz
    Yes to all, except finding out in advance the shipping cost within Canada (it will be on the high-ish side though).

You pic you shipping option at checkout. It should show you a few or can pick for them to calculate which is usually the same. Youll get a link/email for gst and shipping in canadian. You can also view it on you canadian account. The orginal invoice shipping price will not reflect the actual from the states side purchase in my experience.

For reference box of mags or a gun has been about 30 to 40 bucks shipped and im pretty much in the same town. Those are $1000 packages. CP rates start around 15 plus fuel surcharges and tax now. Havnt had a small package shipped privately for less than 22 unless a flat rate box was given as a option.

Cost usd + 25usd + 5%gst+ shipping. You'll get notified when it gets shipped or check your account for status.

Quote Originally Posted by vp6111 View Post
    Yes to all, except finding out in advance the shipping cost within Canada (it will be on the high-ish side though).
    Thank you. So that part is a surprise? How high are we talking? I'd be grabbing 6 magazines.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Thank you. So that part is a surprise? How high are we talking? I'd be grabbing 6 magazines.
    Try fake-ordering from the Canadian site. It'll give you an idea.

I had 8 mags shipped to rural Manitoba it was between 30-40 bucks about a month ago if that helps,

Oh they use the same shipping method from the CDN site, that makes sense. I'll check.

So the cut-off date is always the 15th, so next would be September 15th. What kind of time frame are you usually looking at from the cut-off date until your package ships from within Canada and is en route to you?
    Last edited by CanuckShooter; 08-18-2022 at 02:16 PM.

CGN Regular
    I didn't get to pick a shipping option at checkout, just that I want it shipped and entered my shipping address. My order shows as "Pending Shipping Payment" but 0$ and no option on the site to pay. I guess I'm just waiting for a link to be sent to me? or should I reach out.

Quote Originally Posted by machohugeaxe View Post
    I didn't get to pick a shipping option at checkout, just that I want it shipped and entered my shipping address. My order shows as "Pending Shipping Payment" but 0$ and no option on the site to pay. I guess I'm just waiting for a link to be sent to me? or should I reach out.
    You'll get a email or might be able to go to the canadian site under orders view incomplete orders and at the far right should open up payment for taxes and shipping.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    You'll get a email or might be able to go to the canadian site under orders view incomplete orders and at the far right should open up payment for taxes and shipping.
    Hmm ok, from the confirmation email it says "Once your order has been processed and packaged you will receive another email with a payment link to log into your account to pay your GST and shipping charges from our Canadian warehouse to the shipping address you have provided at checkout." I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet. This is my current view

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast