Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 Good Reasons You Need To Own a 9.3!

Oh man, if we could bait bears around here I'd definitely have a 9.3x57!

CGN Regular
    I picked up a beautiful Husqvarna M46 from a fellow nutter in 9.3x57. It was in beautiful shape. Not drilled or tapped. Former owner had done a bit of bedding on the stock and I relieved the tang a bit more with the dremel. I simply necked up PPU brass in a Hornady sizer die in one pass, loaded to moderate loads and fired. Shot great groups at 50 yards and put up a 3 inch group at 100 yards with the open sights.

I’ve necked up 307 Win to 356 Win in simple passes with no losses and no annealing. If I use once fired brass to neck up then I certainly do anneal. I’ve also necked up loads of 30-06 to 35 Whelen, 325 WSM to 35 Sambar and 308 Win to 358 Win. Neck it up, load it up, chamber and fire. You have a perfect piece of fire formed brass and get to get some shooting and load testing done in the process.

I did have to fireform brass converting 9.3x53 Finn to 9.3x53 Swiss for one of my drillings. Used the cream of wheat method and 10 grains of red dot. You could fireform you 8mm Mauser to 9.3 with the COW method if you weren’t comfortable just sizing and loading.

Anyway, these are lovely rifles that handle well and balance real nice. Light weight and a breeze to carry. Get them while there are still some at these prices….

Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    The sizing die can seriously stretch the case that far without splitting the neck? Does it need to be heated? And think of what that would do to my precious supply of 8mm brass...
    Would love to try the 57 next to a 62 to see how it feels, should give the same performance if you aren't maxing out the case volume.
    I have been necking up surplus LC-69 30/06 brass to .375 for more then 35 years. Don’t recall splitting even one case out of a few hundred. Necking 8mm(.323) to 9.3 should be easy peasy.
    In my favorite dream I'm on the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Rosie O'Donnell is also on spouting some dumb s**t. So I swing a large Northern Pike like a bat and smack her right in the fat yap. Debbie Travis and Sarah Palin coo seductively. Johnny and Ed high five me. The audience gives me a rousing standing ovation. Later we pick up Dean and Jerry and head over to Hef's.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    There is some very good deals on these three.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12