Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 3-

CGN Regular
    I would assume this is not the last shipment of T81. Should still be more coming…

CGN Regular
    Optics ready is kindve pointless without an optics rail, i hope they get more picatinny side rails!

Hey Gents really curious on the quality of these and if these are built solid any info on someone who owns and put some proper rounds thru, thanks !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Optics ready is kindve pointless without an optics rail, i hope they get more picatinny side rails!

From upthread
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Congratulations to Tactical Imports in getting the third shipment through the Chinese Covid restriction maze to Canada!

Until someone makes a purchasable side rail that fits the threaded pins of the "Optic Ready" version, or TI releases more 1913/Picatinny kits, GnutzGuy on YouTube gave instructions on creating a plate to attach to the threaded pins which you can in turn attach a readily available through larger e-commerce sites Eastern block rail, for use with AK optics and AK 1913/Picatinny side attaching rail arms. https://youtu.be/L2b79LsUOnQ
    If you don't want to DIY and TI does not make any more 1913 kits available, a forum member has indicated they are working on a solution that will use the optics ready's threaded pins; he plans on becoming a forum sponsor when his product is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    a forum member has indicated they are working on a solution that will use the optics ready's threaded pins; he plans on becoming a forum sponsor when his product is ready.
    The solution will only work with Optic Ready Fixed stock. Hopefully something comes out for the Folder and LMG

Anymore of the Type 81 LMG coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by freedomguys View Post
    Anymore of the Type 81 LMG coming in?
    TI said lmg shipment is coming later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1911 View Post
    Hey Gents really curious on the quality of these and if these are built solid any info on someone who owns and put some proper rounds thru, thanks !!
    Well worth the money, they are super reliable. I’ve put over 3k surplus through mine without a single hiccup, fail to feed, fail to eject. Bore is still mint, magazines are good and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Well worth the money, they are super reliable. I’ve put over 3k surplus through mine without a single hiccup, fail to feed, fail to eject. Bore is still mint, magazines are good and strong.
    Piggybacking off of this. I have basically the same experience with mine. It exceeded my expectations in every way possible. I’ve even got surprising accuracy out of mine, usually 2-3 moa all depending on the ammo (Barnaul works best in mine). My biggest issue with it is actually the magazines. The pin sometimes causes the follower to bottom out and the rounds just kind of fall out. My buddies tavor that cost almost 3 times as much has the same issue though. Not sure if there’s a fix to this but it hasn’t bothered me enough to do anything about it yet.

The biggest complaints I hear about are loose hand guards and bent barrels. This is all dependent on which one you receive of course so your experience may vary.
    Last edited by mbk; 08-23-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Thanks brother !