Qbu88?

Dynas

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey TI I just wanted to ask if there was any chance you would bring in any more of these? Now that handguns are banned from import I’d really like to see some more nice black rifles on the market (especially one this rare). Given that these have been imported previously I’d hope it wouldn’t be too much of a hassle to get more (assuming the factory still makes them).

edit: Found a recent cgn thread here https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2259956-Type-88-sniper?highlight=QBU saying that 10k was bid on one of these. There’s definitely plenty of people interested and TI you could just take $100 preorders on these (so that you wouldn’t have to sit on em).

Last edited:
We brought in only x10 units when we first started back in 2011, took like 6 months to sell them all. At the time dollar was basically on par with USD and we sold at 3k. Between exchange rate and new prices, we don't think they could be sold under 5k+, which is more then what we think enough people are willing to pay for non-European precision rifles unfortunately, at least in any decent quantities anyways

You have no idea, trust me, PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY OVER $5K FOR THAT...
I personally know a dozen... I mean if you are willing to bring them in PM me...

Semi-auto? I'll definitely consider.. there were plenty of other options back in the days, not so many anymore

You have no idea, trust me, PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY OVER $5K FOR THAT...
I personally know a dozen... I mean if you are willing to bring them in PM me...

This. The demand for unique collectable semi auto's with a military pedigree is through the roof nowadays. Also I think a lot more people are getting over the false impression of all Chinese made products being junk.

I'd definitely buy one. I was actually bidding on the one sold at auction in May of '21 and would definitely be willing to pony up whatever they would sell for at retail now.

We brought in only x10 units when we first started back in 2011, took like 6 months to sell them all. At the time dollar was basically on par with USD and we sold at 3k. Between exchange rate and new prices, we don't think they could be sold under 5k+, which is more then what we think enough people are willing to pay for non-European precision rifles unfortunately, at least in any decent quantities anyways

They will be more likely sold as fast as G36. Even faster

If you brought in like double digit amounts similar to last time i’d believe it would sell. It won’t sell in quantities like the Type 81 but I’s be down for 5k just to own something unique and hard to find.

Also I’d like to point out that type 81’s regularly sell for 20k in the USA. Again, I’d be more than happy to pay a deposit in order for you to consider bringing these in. Pretty please?

Also I’d like to point out that type 81’s regularly sell for 20k in the USA. Again, I’d be more than happy to pay a deposit in order for you to consider bringing these in. Pretty please?

Norinco stuff sells for good money in the U.S because it is forbidden. I wouldn't trust the same turnout for buyers here and if I were bringing them in I'd insist on the full payment upfront.

Norinco stuff sells for good money in the U.S because it is forbidden. I wouldn't trust the same turnout for buyers here and if I were bringing them in I'd insist on the full payment upfront.

I'd be ok with the same pre-order process as I had to go through to get the latest FAMAE. Pay a grand or two upfront, non-refundable. The rest is due upon delivery.

Definitely a sweet piece for every Chinese military arms collector. Accuracy is descent, comes to about 1.5 MOA at 100 yds (remove the clamped bipod from the barrel when shooting). It is hammer fired unlike the type 97 striker system, but trigger is still mushy with no obvious wall and long trigger pull.

5k is a crazy amount of money for something that could be taken away at the stroke of a pen. Small batches might be able to be sold to high end collectors that have a lot of money. The average Canadian shooter, especially considering the current political climate would not be interested at that price point.

5k is a crazy amount of money for something that could be taken away at the stroke of a pen. Small batches might be able to be sold to high end collectors that have a lot of money. The average Canadian shooter, especially considering the current political climate would not be interested at that price point.

People constantly drop $1200+ on piece of #### WK 180s, don’t underestimate what they’d be willing to spend on a gun that actually functions properly.

QUB 88 has a horrible reputation as an inaccurate DMR/Sniper Rifle. If anything, try to import CS/LR14, Qbz 03 or semi version of the new Chinese standard issue firearm in 5.56.

Come on guys, you’re the same people who brought in that crazy Lynx bull pup monstrosity and THIS is too off the cuff for you to handle? Do the needful…

Back
Top Bottom