Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Type 81 AK Style Safety.

Please please please! Money is ready

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    My guess is when its on safe it has the potential to slip down off from safe. So its more of a question of how well u can keep it on safe rather then its ability to function as a safety when in the position.
    whoa!! slip off safe? sound like a safety concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    whoa!! slip off safe? sound like a safety concern.
    I think he just means over rotate as there's no detent. For anyone who actually got one I would love to hear a review. I don't know how this would work with the ridge in the side of the receiver
    Last edited by vultr; 08-28-2022 at 12:42 AM.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    What’s the latest with this project? Looking at a pair of T81 rifles but hate that 180 degree safety.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

For everyone concerned about it possibly not working, I think we forget the point of the item .. It is a cosmetic item to make it look cooler. It doesn't matter if it works or not. Remember, even if it is in safe, and known to be functional, you still have to treat it like it will fire regardless. I don't know about y'all, but I never use any safety switch on any of my frearms, my finger is my safety switch. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter but I am competent and confident enough to operate this way. That's just me, and I'm sure many will balk at that. I do not rely on a mechanical device to assume it's safe, especially in a rifle that has had so many other QC issues, I can't trust their QC for the safety either, nor will I instill a false sense of security trusting their manufacturing practices.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    So the safety kinnda works.
    Things not to say at the range! LOL
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1978 View Post
    For everyone concerned about it possibly not working, I think we forget the point of the item .. It is a cosmetic item to make it look cooler. It doesn't matter if it works or not. Remember, even if it is in safe, and known to be functional, you still have to treat it like it will fire regardless. I don't know about y'all, but I never use any safety switch on any of my frearms, my finger is my safety switch. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter but I am competent and confident enough to operate this way. That's just me, and I'm sure many will balk at that. I do not rely on a mechanical device to assume it's safe, especially in a rifle that has had so many other QC issues, I can't trust their QC for the safety either, nor will I instill a false sense of security trusting their manufacturing practices.
    I get what your saying. But what about friends or guests fingers? that's the flaw I see.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123