Remington 700 Alpha 1

Some pretty substantial changes to the bolt from what I see. I'm looking for opinions on the extractor change in particular, good, bad, or is it a wash?

Is there an MSRP on this beast?

I'm looking for opinions on the extractor change in particular, good, bad, or is it a wash?

Realistically as long as it's not made of super porous MIM (like the 870 extractors were for a while) any sliding-type extractor will be better than the flimsy bit of sheet metal 700's had. I'd prefer a Sako-type claw myself, or even a CRF design... but that's the wishfulest of thinking.

''No marketting gimmmings'' CEO said...
Ron Spomer is already not impressed...that's does'nt sound goof for BiG Green!

They were not able to make real quality upgrades for 60 years, so does 12 new mini upgrades will make it against well built rifles?

Last edited:
Looks like a good update to a classic design. My 700 has never given me problems. But I'd take a look at one once they come in.

Interested. I expect these will be priced above "Rem 700" territory to reflect the upgrades. Some of these, like longer box mag and side bolt release and DLC bolt coating and flat trigger and extended thread protector and upgraded extractor are all things I want out of a 700. As it's cerakoted and sitting in an AG Composites stock this will probably be well into the $2k price range, that's Sako territory.

Well it not only needs to be good it needs to be exceptional. Tikka at 1k shoot and function great..last two were 1/2" moa. My last 3 700s couldn't do better than 1 3/8 moa.

Well it not only needs to be good it needs to be exceptional. Tikka at 1k shoot and function great..last two were 1/2" moa. My last 3 700s couldn't do better than 1 3/8 moa.

Maybe a Turqua Rifle is the answer. Guaranteed Sub MOA, 5 year warranty and a selection I have never seen in a production center-fire rifle.

TURQUA / PRODUCTS / ATA ARMS

I think these are worth looking at!......:)

Back
Top Bottom