Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEW TYPE 81 and WK UPGRADES

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    $129 for the safety? Seems quite high for what it is tbh. Over 10% of the entire price of a new type 81 lol
    Agreed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    TNA, does the adjustable gas valve just replace the piston cup and SHCS holding it into the OEM gas block?

I ordered one for my 1st gen WK in 5.56. Hoping that this stops the rifle from eventually beating itself to death.

FYI as others have commented your website has issues.

When I submitted the order I got an error and it stayed on the submit page - I did get an email from TNA that the order went through and text from my CC that it had been charged, but the website never went to any order complete type page.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

When for the next batch of ak safety ?

Last edited by Ntloukas; 11-24-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    $129 for the safety? Seems quite high for what it is tbh. Over 10% of the entire price of a new type 81 lol
    Wannabes gotta pay to play

Anybody install the stock adapter for the type 81? I got mine but have yet to find a stock. Will other AK style stocks work or just the Yugo? Was hoping to run a wire type folder instead of the bulky Zhukov.

For anyone wondering about the adjustable gas valve for the 180C...

I installed mine on a low serial first gen 180C as per TNA:
    Put the first set screw in from the barrel end until it blocks the gas holes, then tighten the second set screw against that. Cycle the firearms and if adjustment is needed, unscrew the second screw all the way out, slightly open the gas ports with the first screw and again tighten the second down against it to lock it in place. Repeat

I never had to do further adjustment from the original 'block the holes and lock the set screw with the second one'.

All brass was ejected at about 4 o'clock into a 2 foot area, rifle cycled no problems using cheap Federal bulk 55grain.

If this stops the rifles from eating themselves then kudo's to TNA for making this part available.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    For anyone wondering about the adjustable gas valve for the 180C...

I installed mine on a low serial first gen 180C as per TNA:
    Put the first set screw in from the barrel end until it blocks the gas holes, then tighten the second set screw against that. Cycle the firearms and if adjustment is needed, unscrew the second screw all the way out, slightly open the gas ports with the first screw and again tighten the second down against it to lock it in place. Repeat

I never had to do further adjustment from the original 'block the holes and lock the set screw with the second one'.

All brass was ejected at about 4 o'clock into a 2 foot area, rifle cycled no problems using cheap Federal bulk 55grain.

If this stops the rifles from eating themselves then kudo's to TNA for making this part available.
    So this replaces the piston cup in gen 1 models?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent Tiger View Post
    So this replaces the piston cup in gen 1 models?
    Yes, it replaces the piston cup and socket head cap screw holding it into the gas block

When and where are you posting the finalist for the Shot gun name contest ? its sept 26 ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast