Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Horrible service from Solely regarding Reference number

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    You are wrong. The dealer online RCMP system is not for the buyer. The buyer is not entitle to a reference number. The only thing you get is an invoice. The RCMP system is for dealers not Joe buyer. They do not have not provide buyer with a reference number.

That frenzy to obtain a dealer reference number is nonsense. The buyer and OP have absolutely no right to complain about something the dealer do not have to provide.
    You are wrong sir...! Under normal circumstances, the only difference wrt reference numbers is that buyer doesn't need to do anything with the reference number, so it used to be pretty much useless... RCMPs software still generates a transfer number within the same database as individual-to-individual transactions. As the buyer, you can still use it to call in RCMP if there is hold-up on the transfer.

Nowadays, if you have a reference number and you may have the means to contact your CFO, one may get their transfer completed very quickly, instead of waiting 8 -10 weeks...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You can call the CFC and ask for all your Pending transfers and the numbers.

It's really not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    You can call the CFC and ask for all your Pending transfers and the numbers.

It's really not a big deal.
    This is YMMV I think. I tried to call Ontario CFO, and could not get through and could not wait around for someone to answer. I got "we are busy please call back next time".

It would make sense for stores to record the transfer # which I am sure they do this, and attach it to the order and either send it automatically to buyers, or have it ready on their system in case customers inquire for it.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    On 2 R's I purchased in June, 2 different stores {CGN Sponsors} I got one Reference # same day, the other the next day.

They have a Message center on their website, use it. I got my ref number back from Solely in less then a day when I posted a request there.

Super Moderator
    The business can reopen this thread to respond if they wish.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234