transferring gen1 parts to my new enhanced upper/lower questions

dfraser

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
230   0   0
Hey all,

Received my new "TNA & TriggerTech WK Elite Package" And now I am starting to transfer the parts from my current Gen1 to it.

The first hiccup that I have hit is the bolt catch arm:
bolt_catch_1.jpg

It doesn't fit into the area that the triggertech trigger now occupies. According to the TNA website, this piece is for gen1 only. How does the bolt catch system work for this new gen WK?

Looked on youtube for the answer, but can't find it

The second is the pin in the Buffer Tube Stock Adapter:
buffer_tube_stock_adapter.jpg

I pressed it out of the Gen1 adapter, but it really loose and slides right through this new adapter. Does it need a different pin?

Regards

Attachments

• bolt_catch_1.jpg
    bolt_catch_1.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 294
  • buffer_tube_stock_adapter.jpg
    buffer_tube_stock_adapter.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 282
Hi,

The bolt catch that may be in your donor gun is heavy on spare meat in the rounded part that goes around the bolt catch pin. This metal can be thinned to clear the trigger tech. Alternatively the external bolt catches come with this area thinned and should drop right in.

you can see the difference in the meat thickness under the bolt catch pin hole in this picture

ebc2.jpg

The pin for the buffer tube adapter is optional. The mating geometries of the side that touches the receiver ensure it is locked in position when the screw is tightened.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions

Great Thank you, Kinda figured that it would need filing down, never hurts to ask first. Think that I just might by the external version. Thank you for letting me know about the pin in the back as well.

Looks like I need to remove the triggertech anyways :( , because I can't get the safety cam through the holes, cannot clear the little triggertech latch.

Too bad, I really liked the fact that it was installed by TNA. I probably would of just purchased a new safety and TNA could have installed before the trigger went in. Oh well, no biggie.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom