Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Chinese SKS 五六式 7.62x39 - "French Tickler"

Guess I should have waited a week to order. If anyone is looking for one they are on sale at bullseye north right now.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball027 View Post
    Guess I should have waited a week to order. If anyone is looking for one they are on sale at bullseye north right now.
    Thanks, for the deal alert. Grabbed another.

FWIW International's price on this new batch went up to $589 in store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball027 View Post
    $466.65 thats the best deal in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk73 View Post
    Thanks, for the deal alert. Grabbed another.

FWIW International's price on this new batch went up to $589 in store.
    online its still $500 at intl sup... im not surprised cos we were showing up and buying the mint ones so if you ordered online you PROBABLY get what the in-person dont want, lol.

Crazy these are going over $500 now - I think I bought my first SKS around 2010 for $149

Anyone know if these landed at SFRC, I called them asking if the stock they had now was the new shipment and the staff wasn’t sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan8 View Post
    Crazy these are going over $500 now - I think I bought my first SKS around 2010 for $149
    I paid $75 for a mint one in the early 90's.

Truth is that they had always been worth more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillen1 View Post
    Was in gobels in London today. They had 3 of these and priced best I’ve seen at $511. All three were good shape, none had stock repairs or plugs. All matching. 2 stocks finish was a bit gritty but nice wood grain.
    Hey Gillen1, wanted to pass along my thanks as I intended to order one of these SKS's but was concerned about getting a dud, buying online sight unseen. The morning after you posted this, I called Gobles and they still had the 3 SKS's and one had been marked as the best of the 3 so I bought it and had it shipped to me.

Got it last night, appears brand new/unfired in great condition, with only a small mark on the wood under the receiver, so very pleased. In a bit better condition that my factory 306 un-issued with pinned barrel, so a good complement to my collection.

So here is the part that is blowing my mind...I really wanted one as nice as the one North Sylva posted at the start of this thread, and not only is the one I received as nice, it is that exact same one!

I started to write this post and when I opened the first page and scrolled through the North Sylva pictures, I noticed a mark in the wood under the left side of the receiver and thought that looked the same as the mark on mine. So I checked the serial # and it is the same one!

Not sure what the odds of that are, but regardless, I am quite happy with the one I got and appreciate that you posted this info.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cochrane_ON; 09-23-2022 at 06:00 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    wow!!! what are the chances? you should go buy a lotto ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    wow!!! what are the chances? you should go buy a lotto ticket.
    And I shouldn’t buy lotto tickets. I had that very rifle on hold for myself but then let it go once something else caught my eye on the store. Didn’t even notice it was the north Sylvia one.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

Cabelas on sale for $450, plus last weekends 10% discount gift card, in alberta after tax paid $425