Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brugger and Thomet TP380

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Very cool

Quote Originally Posted by BallChange View Post
    I'm not sure what 84(1)b is, but considering the tp9 and VZ61 had 5 round magazine capacities, wouldn't that mean they're not handguns?
    The SFSS designates firearm classifications to the FRT. Every firearm has a FRN.

Firearms are defined under the Canadian criminal code. So the designations have to follow the rules of law. So for the Csa Vz61 combat skorpion, go to the criminal code section for restricted firearms under section 84 sub section (1) and look at (b).

(b) a firearm that
    (i) is not a prohibited firearm,
    (ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and
    (iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,

The Csa Vz61 CS is considered to be a restricted firearm that has a barrel shorter than 18.5” and uses centrefire ammo.

Restricted handguns are under the CCC as 84(1)a. A handgun that is not a prohibited firearm.

As for the combat skorpion having a 5 round capacity, only handguns are permitted 10 rounds. Pretty much everything else is limited to 5.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...azine-capacity

If the TP9 is cc84(1)b, good chance the TP380 will be as well. It’ll come with mags pinned to 5.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    I would take one! Wolverine Supplies, can these happen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Will purchase if it's brought in
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12