Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25+ assorted cool and collectable pistols on the site!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    That's a plus if you handload, great cartridge.
    I got to this post early and nabbed the 29-2, but that was an exceptionally nice lot of pistols in general. Real pleasure to see.
    You were the one who got the 29-2!?!?! Damn you, I tried to buy it and it was gone.

I grabbed its brother the 57 in.... 41 Magnum. A brand new Pinned and recessed N frame from the 70s in any caliber for 1500 is a deal. I reload so 41 vs 44 really isnt a big deal. I can send 240+grs from either with plenty of juice.
    Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 09-08-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Got the Uberti 1873 Birds Head grip. Wanted a DocHolliday but this is probably as close as I can get.
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by toogun View Post
    Got the Uberti 1873 Birds Head grip. Wanted a DocHolliday but this is probably as close as I can get.
    I thought the same thing, I looked it up and realized he had a colt lightning but dam they look close.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    That's a plus if you handload, great cartridge.
    I got to this post early and nabbed the 29-2, but that was an exceptionally nice lot of pistols in general. Real pleasure to see.
    Got the good ole Harry Callahan special ...Nooice grab !!

CGN Regular
    God I should've grabbed a blackhawk in .30 carbine when they more reasonable. They look like such a blast (literally) to shoot.
    Are you familiar with The Shmoo, Mr. Fisher?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Shmoo View Post
    God I should've grabbed a blackhawk in .30 carbine when they more reasonable. They look like such a blast (literally) to shoot.
    If you load it to the gills with H110/win296 the blast and fire are unbelievable. All with a recoil as tame as a .22

I’m still hoping to find a Blackhawk in 45Colt/ACP but it does not seem likely to happen
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Grabbed the .44 Blackhawk. Been wanting a big gun to go along with all of the new handguns awaiting transfer. I think my wife is gonna kill me. ��

I don't know who's collection that was but talk about covering the spectrum of calibers. I don't think I had ever even heard of a .480 Ruger.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    I don't know who's collection that was but talk about covering the spectrum of calibers. I don't think I had ever even heard of a .480 Ruger.
    Its like a 44 special for a 475 Linebaugh. Its is a well thought out caliber sending heavier bullets faster then 44 magnums but at lower pressures so recoil is very close to 44 magnums levels. The problem is not many had heard of 475 Linebaugh and then hornady comes out with the 460 and 500 and no one wanted it anymore. In 2003 or 4 I think it was a new caliber in handguns for awhile but faded pretty quick.

Handloader's bonanza! Lots of obscure calibres if you like that sort of thing.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast