25+ assorted cool and collectable pistols on the site!

Handloader's bonanza! Lots of obscure calibres if you like that sort of thing.

100% agree. I love commons calibers for high volume shooting. Its not worth reloading 9mm, 223 or 12 gauge for me. I shoot a lot and 90% of the time its one of those calibers. But for my special guns, I shoot once every few months? I don't care if its 44 magnum or 480 ruger or anything else weird. I would reload them anyway, The cost savings is to big to not do it. Even 44 magnum is not worth buying factory ammo. At 80 bucks a box, you can reload for way less then half that with new brass and do even better for 10 plus reloads. Sometimes (like today) you can find super deals on great stuff if the caliber is weird. Set of dies and good to go. Once you start to reload, its often easier to reload hard to find stuff. Right now there is lots of options for brass in obscure calibers and they all need primers and powder anyway. I don't really care if its 44 magnum or 480 Ruger. Practically no difference in cost to shoot either.

Last edited:
You were the one who got the 29-2!?!?! Damn you, I tried to buy it and it was gone.

I grabbed its brother the 57 in.... 41 Magnum. A brand new Pinned and recessed N frame from the 70s in any caliber for 1500 is a deal. I reload so 41 vs 44 really isnt a big deal. I can send 240+grs from either with plenty of juice.

I love your username, I fly a J-3. Tonight it was the Citabria, I was going to take the J-3 up for a sunset flight after the areobatics lesson but I've just finished getting over a cold and an hr of loops was enough flying for the day.

I was eyeing up that 57 as well, I think we both did great. :)

Back
Top Bottom